APPLY TO VENTURE DAY MADRID!
Rafael del Pino, July 11th, 2019
ATTENTION IE STUDENTS & ALUMNI:
APPLY NOW TO COMPETE!
Over the last 7 years, teams that have pitched at IE Venture Days have raised over €27M+ in INVESTMENT - this is your chance to become one of them!
IE VENTURE DAY is IE Business School’s startup competition where selected startup teams get the chance to pitch to an audience of local and international angel and VC investors.
· At least 1 founding member of the startup must be a current IE student or alumnus/a.
· Startup cannot have received more than 250k€ in private funding (this does NOT include personal funds, FFF or state grants/loans).
· Startup was founded (incorporated) less than two years ago.
1. Innovative – product/service, business model, and/or route to market
2. Scalable – international commercial potential & scalable business model
3. Team – relevant skills & experience mix
4. Market – clear & large market opportunity
5. *Status – must have full time dedicated team and product/service in the market with early traction (customers and/or users)
*Alumni full-time teams must clearly demonstrate market traction in order to be competitive.
Selection Process & Dates*
· Send an Executive Summary to Carmen Corrais, firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Tuesday, June 11th, 2019.
· June 18th: Announcement of startups selected to pitch at semi-finals.
· June 24 – 28th: Semi-finals 5-minute pitches in ENGLISH before a jury at IE.
· July 1st - 2nd: Announcement of startups selected to participate as semi-finalists or finalists in Venture Day.
· TBD: Pitch Practice Session for Finalists
· July 11th, 2019: Finalists & Semi-Finalists Pitch at IE Venture Day Madrid
*Dates subject to change (except for Venture Day)
Guidelines for Executive Summary:
1. The summary should be a maximum of 2 pages
2. Clearly state when and what program you are in or have graduated from at IE
3. Include key data including: Problem/Need/Opportunity, Solution, Market, Business Model, Marketing Strategy, Traction To-Date, Financials, Team, Funding to date and amount of investment you are seeking, if applicable.
4. Be sure that each of the 5 selection criteria is clearly explained.
If you have questions, please contact Allison Rohe, Deputy Director, IE Venture Lab: email@example.com
Send Executive Summaries to Carmen Corrais at firstname.lastname@example.org