PRE-K 4 NEWS!
JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY MAY 11, 2016
Let me start by saying that we were very happy to see all Pre-K mothers and some grandmas last Friday. Thanks for attending the breakfast and we hope you enjoyed it. The children were very excited about having all of you in our class. We hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day and enjoyed the gifts the children made for you.
• Thursday All school Mass at 9:00 am
• Tuesday May 24th Jamba juice sale after school. School Store has closed for the year.
• Wednesday and Thursday May 25th and 26th early dismissal for Conferences. Due to the field trip to the Zoo on Thursday May 26th, PK-4 will have conferences only Wednesday May 25th from 1-3:30 pm. The conferences will be held only for those parents who want to have one.( EXTENDED CARE AVAILABLE) If anyone is interested in having the conference, please let us (Sra. Farias or Sra. Raquel) know.
• Thursday May 26th field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo. Parents, this is a ½ day with extended care. If you are driving some children to the zoo for us, please know you need to bring them back to school before going home. If you are only driving your child to the zoo, please know you may leave the zoo at your convenient time. We plan to get ready to leave the zoo and go back to school between 1:00 or 1:30. If the children look very tired by 12:30 pm then we will leave at 1 p.m. Do not leave without letting us know. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE ALL PARENTS SIGN-OUT BEFORE LEAVING THE ZOO,
• Memorial Day. No school on Friday and Monday (May 27 and 30th.)
• Walk-a-Thon will be held on Friday June 3rd.
• Program of the End of the Year will be on Thursday June 16th . We will give you more information as soon as we have it.
Oral Language/Science. We are going to continue talking about insects. We will have our Reading Aloud “Edie’s Backyard Bugs” – “Los insectos del jardín de Edie”.
Math. Number and Operations. A Review of tracing numbers and addition/substraction with digits from 1 to 9. Trace number 10.
Religion. Jesus Returns to Heaven. We will continue with this lesson Jesus’ “good-bye” to his friends as he ascended to his father in Heaven. The children will be reminded that Christ will come again at the end of time. This week briefly we will talk about Pentecost due to this celebration will be held next Sunday.
Estrellita Phonics: Review all letter sounds to begin the lesson. The letters B, b and J,j is our focus for this week again due to the different letter sounds it makes when paired with different vowels (bandera, jirafa). Children will learn new words that begin with these consonant sounds. Children will be tracing and writing the letter forms and learning songs related to the letter sounds.
Have a wonderful week,
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.