Read Closely, Think Critically and Be Worldly with Newsela!
What Newsela Can Provide
1. Informational text for the varied levels of student reading abilities in your classroom
2. Web tool that offers students in Grades 3-12 access to non-fiction articles from reputable news sources rewritten at five different Lexile levels
3. Topics such as War & Peace, Science, Kids, Money, Law, Health and the Arts
4. Site makes it possible for an entire class to read the same content yet at a level that’s just right for each student.
5. The articles and corresponding interactive quizzes are aligned to the Common Core State Standards
6. Create a free educational account
7. Students can join your class, read informational text and participate in conversations about interesting topics
8. The teacher management tool offers the ability to examine progress tracked by article, student or class.
9. Average scores for all quizzes can be seen as well as average scores by standard
10. A download link is provided so that all data can be viewed as an Excel spreadsheet
11. Able to print articles and quizzes.