Principal Post -December 2018
The WHS Monthly Family Newsletter
StarCast- Episode 1-
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- WHS Colors Day
- WHS PTA Meeting, 7 p.m., LRC
- PTA Dine Out fundraiser at Panera
- PTA Movie Night, 6:15 - 8:15 p.m. , GYM
- Grade 5 Field Trip- Garfield Conservatory
- D44 Gr. 4 & Gr. 5 Band/Orchestra Winter Concert at GEHS, 7 p.m.
- Student Council Holiday Hat/ Sweater Day
- PTA Winter Classroom Parties, 10-11 a.m.
- D44 Early Release Day-- Students dismissed at 1:15 p.m.
Before School, Recess, and After School!
Students will have OUTDOOR recess unless the temperature (including the wind-chill) is below 10 degrees. The temperature is monitored each morning and before lunch from multiple data points. Children will go out if the temperature is above zero. Please send appropriate outdoor clothing including hats and mittens with your child to school.
- If students wish to play in the snow, they must wear BOTH snow pants and boots. If students are not wearing snow pants and boots, they are required to stay on our blacktop surface of playground for the lunchtime and classroom recess periods.
- Students are not allowed to throw snowballs, slide on ice, or play other games where student safety may be compromised.
- Snow forts are shared by ALL students regardless of age or grade. Children may add to them, but not destroy.
It is a great idea to keep an extra pair of socks, gloves or mittens in your child’s backpack. Students have a great time playing in the snow when appropriately dressed and following these guidelines.
WHS Winter Clothing Drive:
The WHS Talent Show is Coming Soon!
- AUDITIONS: Friday January 11, 2019 (3:15-4:30 pm)
- REHEARSAL: Tuesday January 15, 2019 (3:15-5:15 pm)
- DRESS REHEARSAL: Thursday January 24, 2019 (3:15-5:30 pm)
- TALENT SHOW: Friday January 25, 2019
WHS and LFD Annual Toy Drive
Dental Health Services- DuPage County Health Department.
The Dental Health Program at DuPage County Health Department provides access to dental services and oral health education for low income residents of DuPage County. The goal of the Dental Health Program is to improve oral health of DuPage County residents, allowing them to be successful in school, employment and other areas of their lives.
Click below for more information!
Help us Prevent and Fight the Flu at WHS
KEEP STUDENTS HOME WHEN:
- Fever is 100 degrees or higher
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- white patches in the throat or tonsils
- Difficulty swallowing or talking
- persistent cough/ extreme congestion (nose or chest)
- Undiagnosed rash
- Red or irritated eyes which may be Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
DO NOT SEND A CHILD BACK TO SCHOOL UNTIL:
- Temperature is normal without medication for 24 hours
- No vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours
- Breathing comfortably without medication
- On antibiotics for 24 hours for Pink Eye or Impetigo
- On antibiotics for 24 hours and temperature has returned to normal for Strep Throat
Thank you WHS PTA!
Click on the link below to view a small segment of the assembly!