Que la Force soit avec trois!
Chez Mme Lawrence... Octobre
Fall is in the air!
Well, the month of September has flown by like a leaf in the wind. All the kiddos have adjusted well to school routines and we are well on our way to a productive school year. There have been a lot of fun activities so far, such as digging & playing in dirt and going to the Children's Water Festival. Thank you to our volunteers who helped supervise. We cannot do these trips without you!
- Inquiry Focus: Growth & Changes in Plants
- Language: An intro to Fiction & Non-Fiction Paired Passages
- Math: Number Sense & Place Value continued
- Feed All Four: Growth Mindset continued
Events & Reminders
- Pizza $2/slice due Wednesday and delivery Thursday
- School Photo Day: Thursday October 6
- PA DAY: Friday October 7
- Thanksgiving: Monday October 10
- Chef Seth: Tuesday October 11@11:05 (our class)
- Algonquin Park: Thursday October 13 (our class)
- Mud Run: Friday October 14
I am so excited to be taking our class to Algonquin Park this time of year! The cost of the program is only $10. I have taken on a few days of Pizza Day sales to cover the cost of the bus for this trip.The Autumn Colours Walk: Look Out Trail (km 39.7)
- This guided hike will take us through the hardwood forests, that are well known for their spectacular autumn show of reds, purples and golds. We will learn why and how these colours burst forth at this time of year.
- This program allows for people of all ages and skill levels to make connections with nature through the enjoyable process of painting. We will join a naturalist and put water colour to paper, while learning how Algonquin's landscapes inspired painters such as Tom Thompson and the Group of Seven.
I have invited a local Chef to our classroom to teach us about making better choices to live a healthier and happier life. Chef Seth Verzyden will be joining us, Tuesday October 11 at 11:05 for an interesting and engaging lesson on how to grow your own microgreens. A BIG thank you is needed, as the Parent Council has covered the cost of the seeds for our growing adventure. Please see link below.