Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: temperature, normal, select
- Comprehension strategy: use fix-up strategies and review monitor understanding
In reading, we are working on using fix-up strategies to help us understand our stories. We continue to ask questions before, during, and after reading a book to monitor our comprehension. Practice this at home while reading your books. In writing, we are moving from drafting to revising in the writing process. We are working very hard on our class books. It is been a great opportunity for us to use our writing process. We have finished our revising and now are working on our final draft. I can't wait for it to be done!
Finished Topic 10, Counting and Number Patterns to 100, and started Topic 11, tens and ones.
- Finding groups of tens and counting the ones left over.
- Determining how many tens are in a two digit number.
- skip counting by 2, 5, and 10
- Finding the pattern in a table
- Figuring out what comes next in a pattern
Addy did a great job engineering a chair for baby bear. It was very sturdy and she did a great job drawing up her plans.
Trinity did a great job engineering a slide for Jack to get down the beanstalk safely. Nice job Trinity!
LOVE flashlight reading during beach day!
- NO school on February 15th
- Make sure your child is bringing ALL their snow gear to school.
- PLEASE RETURN YOUR SHEET FOR THE CLASS BOOK ORDER WHETHER YOU ARE PURCHASING A BOOK OR NOT.
- February 11th we are going on our field trip. Don't forget to send a bag lunch.
- Wednesday, February 3rd is Wacky Wednesday
- Friday, February 5th is Jersey/Sports day
- Our class is running low on some word work supplies. We are in need of gel pens, bingo daubers, and play-doh. Thank you to those families that have already donated to our class. If you would be interested in donating you can send it with your child to school. :)