Drugs Can Kill You In 1, 2, 3...
Would You Risk It If You Knew All Of The Facts?
Do You Know The Side Effects?
- Ecstasy~ Clenched teeth; Grinding teeth; Seriously high body temperature (Hospitilization required); Nausea; Muscles tense up
- Marijuana~ More cancer-causing chemicals than cigarettes; Kills your brain cells; Gateway drug (Gets you into other drugs); Lung cancer and disease; Increases heart rate (Speeds it up)
- Methamphetamine (Meth)~ Highly addictive; Severe dental problems; High body temperature; Violent behavior; Nonstop talking; Lung damage (Fluid in lungs and shortness of breath)
For Men~ Testicles may shrink; Infertility; Breasts may develop
For Women~ Growth of facial hair and/or chest hair; Voice deepens
For Everyone~ Excessive acne; Mood swings; Paranoia; "Roid rage; Stunted growth; Weak tendons
- GHB~ Odorless, colorless, tasteless liquid; Can cause a person to go unconscious
- Household products (Cleaning supplies, glues, gasoline, cooking sprays, ect.)~ Slurred speech; Dizziness; Nausea/ Vomiting; Loss of consciousness; Brain damage (although when used for intended purpose, they are not a danger to your health!); Hearing loss; Nose bleeds; Loss of smell
- Heroin~ Highly addictive; Feelings of a "rush" and then drowsiness; Can lead to blood clots, organ failure, and numerous diseases; Pain in bones; Muscle cramps
- PCP, LSD, "Shrooms"~ Can cause you to do things that put your life in danger; causes visual/auditory breakdowns (You see and hear things that aren't really there)
How Do They Enter The Enter The Body?
- Orally (By Mouth)~ The drug passes trough the walls of the stomach and then into the small intestine to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Inhale (Breathing and Snorting)~ The drug enters the bloodstream by way of the rich supply of blood vessels in the nasal passages.
- Smoked~ The drug passes from the alveoli (sacs) in the lungs into the capillaries and the bloodstream.
- Absorbed (Applied to the skin)~ The drug is applied to the skin. It then passes through the pores into the tiny capillaries. Then, it flows into the bloodstream.
- Injection (Using a needle)~
Skin Popping~ The drug is injected under the skin.
Intramuscular Injection~ The drug is injected deep into a vein.
Mainlining~ The drug is injected directly into a muscle.
Do You Know Your Marijuana Facts?
- Marijuana can be eaten or smoked.
- Though THC is the main ingredient in pot, when smoked pot produces over 2,000 chemicals.
- THC will remain in your body for far more than 12 hours.
- Marijuana smoke contains more cancer-causing chemicals than cigarette smoke.
- Marijuana is stored in the fatty tissue surrounding the reproductive organs, the lungs, and the brain.
- Marijuana sold today is much stronger than that sold in the 1960's.
- Marijuana used in small amounts (one joint or less) isn't legal either.
- Marijuana could lead to the use of other drugs.
- The more pot you smoke, the less you need to get high.
All of my information was taken from my class notes, and my pictures were from Google Images.