Lane Intermediate Community Message
May 24, 2018 Patriot Pride @LaneWAWM
NO SCHOOL FRIDAY AND MONDAY! See you Tuesday for the start of SPIRIT WEEK!
EXTRA YEARBOOKS - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
Washington D.C. 2018
Exciting news!!! Brightspark Travel has decided to allow for a limited number of additional students to join our fall trip to Washington, D. C.!
The trip details can be found on a flyer in the main office. To sign up, go to https:/portal.brightsparktravel.com/
Questions? Contact Angie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262)939-4569
We ask that all drivers please be vigilant for the safety of our Patriots!
- Please do NOT drop or pick up your students at the stop sign. We ask you please find a parking spot.
- Please do not pull into the parking lot before or after school. Use street parking.
- Yield to students at our crosswalk by the cafe.
- Be prepared to stop at the marked crosswalk. Stay alert and reduce speed in this area.
- Be alert for bicyclists and skateboarders whose approaches to the crosswalk may be much swifter than those of pedestrians.
- Come to a complete stop if students are crossing or preparing to cross.
- Never pass another vehicle that has stopped or is slowing down at the crosswalk.
Lane Intermediate is wedged between HWY 100 and S 109th Street. Before and after school S 109th Street can become very busy. The area for drop off in the AM is on the corner of S 109th Street and Madison. S 109th and Madison is also our supervised cross walk area - this is where ALL students need to be crossing S 109th before and/or after school.
If you need to come into the office area the northern most entrance is available. The south side entrance is blocked as that is our recess and student gathering area.
Any questions please let us know.
Happenings at Lane!
May 28 -- NO School
May 29-June 1 -- Spirit Week
June 1 -- Completion Ceremony Ticket Handout
June 5 -- 8th Grade Completion Ceremony 6:30-8:00
June 6 -- 8th Grade Six Flags Great America Field Trip
June 7 -- Qtr. 4 PBIS Incentive - Incredi-Roll
June 8 -- Picnic and Yearbook Distribution
8th Grade Updates
8th Grade Photos for Bulletin Board
Let's celebrate YOU and your classmates! Forward any pictures to email@example.com or print and hand in to me in the main office, that you'd like to be included on the "Memory LANE" bulletin board outside the main office. Please remember these should be school appropriate and photos taken at school events (dances, games, field trips, concerts etc) and should include you and your 8th grade friends...send some cute 6th and 7th grade pics before you all hit your "growth spurt" too.
Tuesday, June 5th
Lane Main Gym
Please take note that each 8th Grade Student receives 4 tickets (graduates do not need a ticket). Ticket restrictions allows us to accommodate all 185 8th Grade Students and to abide by fire code and gym capacity. Thanks for understanding!
Six Flags Great America Trip
Wednesday, June 6th
8th Grade Committee is covering the cost of transportation! :)
Fee to pay for ticket and lunch buffet is $43.00. The ticket includes a delicious all-you-can-eat picnic buffet.
Please take note that students cannot have any failing grades to participate in this trip. An appeal process will be forthcoming.
Private Music Lessons
Private Music Lessons
Grade 3 to Adult
Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument? Piano, Guitar, Percussion (Drums)? Or any other Band Instrument?
Do you already play and wish to learn more?
This summer private music lessons are offered through the WAWM Recreation Department.
Lessons are offered Monday – Thursday from 6/12 -7/26 as early as 8am. – 4pm. at Frank Lloyd Wright
Please see the 2018 Summer Activity Guide or visit the website at www.wawmrec.com
If you have any questions contact Bob Halat at 1-414-604-4800 x7235 0r email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Clubs and Sports at Lane Intermediate
Times and dates for the following will be shared through the community message as well as by the staff leading the opportunities.
- Cross Country - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Boy's Basketball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Girl's Basketball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Wrestling - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Girl's Volleyball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Track - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Chess/Game Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:15
- Student Council - In Progress
- School of Rock - Wednesdays 3:00 to 4:30
- Tech Club - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Robotics Club - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Hallway Beautification Club
- Yearbook Club
- Math Club/Mathlete - In Progress...please see Mr. Kloiber
- Media Club - Thursdays 3:00-4:00
- Art Studio Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00
- Science Club - Tuesday and Thursdays 3:15-4:15
- FBLA - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 (registration required....please see Mr. Napoli
- Lane Star Store - Meets 1 to 2 times per month during base group.
Students learn how to purchase, advertise, and sell items at our Lane Bookstore. Funky pens, erasers, notebooks, fidget toys, bouncy balls, scented markers, and more are sold during all three lunch hours on Wednesdays. Students run the store and check out student purchases on Wednesdays.
Lane Start Store Mission: Putting smiles on faces and donating profits to charities.
- SkillsUSA - SkillsUSA is a professional organization that encourages students development of personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics. Being a part of SkillsUSA will allow students the opportunity to get involved in the community and be connected with professionals in their field of interest. This is new to Lane this year and our middle school students, yet is established at the high school level. Anyone is welcome to join and some will be asked due to teacher recommendations. limit 10 students and it is run by Mrs. Ustruck. See her for details.
- Others to be announced.....