Wacky Weekly Newsletter
Welcome to Third Grade!
About Myself and Page
Hello Everyone! School year is right around the corner! My name is Ms. Karen Reyes and I am a third grade teacher. Reason why I decided to teach third grade is because of the new challenges now added to the curriculum like the big state test. Many teachers tend to focus on just this test, but I plan to focus and prioritize all aspects needed to be learned so your child can succeed at everything. The purpose for this page is to keep parents and students updated on the weekly events during the school year. Let's have a smooth and great year filled with many fun learning experiences!
School Rules and Policies
As informed on Open Night, many parents received a handbook with the school guidelines and policies. This handbook is very handy if you ever have a question about dress code and anything about the school district and how things should for a smooth ride through the school year. In case you missed all the fun, I will provided a link for the handbook in this section as soon as possible.
Under this section, I will provide updated information about the activities we will be working on during the week.
- Since we are just starting the school year, mainly what we'll start off with is getting to know everybody. My goal is to provide a friendly environment where students can feel safe, comfortable, and ready to learn.
- I will assign students a sheet where they will answer questions about themselves and then they will get the opportunity to present and share their similarities with their peers.
- I will also inform the students about the state test which is very new to them. They will receive a packet explaining what it is about and when the testing will start.
Here are some school events that will benefit both student and the school:
- Pizza Monday's at Yum Yum's Pizzeria 4:00-8:00 pm - Come help out the school raise money to provide students with better opportunities. Just visit, order, and let the cashier know that you are there for Care Elementary. 10% will go to the school.
- Parent/Teacher Night on Friday - after the first week is over, we will like to meet up with the parents again to let them see how their child did the first week. We will again review the guidelines for parents who missed open night.
Parents, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about school or your child. You can also email to schedule an appointment. We are here to help your child be successful in any way possible. I will provide my contact information below.
Phone: (55) 555-5555
Conference Hours: Mon-Fri 12:00-1:00 pm, Tues 4:00-5:00 pm