Important Notes From Room 306
December Classroom Notes
- December Book Report-Students will be required to select a fiction book for their December book report. Students will need to select the book by Friday, December 12th. Books should be longer, chapter books, that offer a slight challenge and help build reading stamina. Just for fun books, and comic style books are not a good fit for this assignment. Please refer to the MCBA (Massachusetts Children's Book Award) book list for ideas. Students will receive instructions on their assignment the week of December 8.
- Solar System projects are due Tuesday, December 9th. Please wait until the 8th to start bringing projects in.
- Typing Web homework will continue this month. Students are expected to complete sessions 3-days per week. They can spend as much time as they like each session. In order to advance to the next level students must receive a score of 20 words per minute and 90% or greater accuracy
- Xtramath homework will continue this month. Students are expected to complete sessions 3-days per week. The students have been doing a great job completing their sessions. If you have trouble logging into your account, please let me know and I will look into it.
- Holiday Book Order-Our next scholastic order will be placed December 9th. If you order books as a holiday gift for students, please let me know and I will put them in the office on the day you wish to pick up. Please visit scholastic.com/readingclub (Class Activation Code: HDZFN ) Flyers will be sent home as well.
- Throughout the year students will be asked to refer to my class Quizlet account for important vocabulary words in our chapters in Science, Social Studies, Math, and Language Arts. Sets of words remain up throughout the year. This is a great resource to preview upcoming information with your student. http://quizlet.com/class/859719/
- I am looking for a few small handheld pencil sharpeners to sharpen colored pencils. If you are able to donate a few to our classroom, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Our class is still looking to collect clear, empty, soda bottles for our Ecosystem science unit. If you are able to send any in over the next month or so, it would be very helpful. We need to collect 50 bottles for the grade. I will post an update when the collection has been met.
Thank you so much for the support you give to our classroom
December Book Project-Due 1/9
Mystery Reader Schedule
Monday 12/8 @2:00-Berman and Gatchell
Monday 12/15 @2:00-Hurley
Classroom Links and Accounts
Each week students are required to complete their Reading Log and 20 sentences using their spelling words.
Students will bring home their logs on Monday. Both assignments are on one sheet, and are due on Friday.
The Reading Log counts as 4 homework assignments and the Spelling will count as 1. Please help to ensure that your student is returning these assignments.
If students forget a log, please have them return it on their next school day.
Additional logs can be found at my class site