Banksmeadow Public School
Term 3, Week 1, 2014
In This Issue
- Rugby League Champions
- Debating Winners
- Athletics Carnival
- Art Club
- Showcase Rehearsals
- Electronic Payments
- Band News
- French and Italian Language Classes
Dates for the Calendar
- Mon 21 & Thur 24 - Pre School Photo Days
- Mon 21 - Dance Fever lessons begin
- Mon 21 - Showcase Rehearsals
- Tues 22 - Showcase @ the Juniors Performance
- Thur 24 - Athletics Carnival
- Mon 28 - State Rugby League Knockout
- Tues 29 - ICAS English Assessment
- Wed 30 - Education Week Assembly
- Thur 31 - Science Fun Day and Open Classrooms
- Fri 8 - Zone Athletics Carnival, Day 1
- Tues 12 - ICAS Mathematics Assessment
- Fri 15 - Zone Athletics Carnival, Day 2
- Fri 15 - Yarnup
- Wed 27 - Interrelate Evening
Rugby League Champions
On the last day of Term 2, our Junior and Senior Rugby League teams competed in the South Sydney Knockout. Both teams won their divisions and will wear their Rabbitoh's jerseys as they represent the South Sydney Region in the State Knockout. This is a tremendous achievement and we are all really proud of both teams.
Special thanks go to Mr Murphy for all of the extra hours that he has put in training both teams. Also, a big thank you to Dave Cain and Paul Newman for all of their help on the day.
Congratulations also go to our school debating team. This week they competed against Arncliffe PS and they managed to convince the audience that school hours should be extended. No easy feat! Our debating team has been undefeated in the group stage of the tournament and we wish them the best of luck as they move on to the next level.
Thank you to Mr McCarron and Mr Heinecke for the hard work that they have put into coaching this team.
Year 3 and 4 Art Club
We have had a lot of interest expressed in the electronic payment process. The electronic payment portal will go live on the school website next Monday 21 July. All payers will be required to have a valid email address.
Please note that all payments made online before 6:00pm will be received by the school on the following business day. Payments made after 6:00pm will not be received by the school until two business days later. For any enquiries regarding the online payment process please contact the School Administration Office.
Please be reminded that, as of next week, the band rehearsal time will now be on Tuesday mornings at 8:00am. This will allow more time for the ensemble to work together. The Junior band will also be combining with the Senior band.