East High Street Family Flyer
Week of January 10th and January 17th
From the Principal's Desk...
Good Afternoon, East High Families!
Please review the upcoming events at East High Street for the next 2 weeks of school. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
Kari Bittinger, East High Street Principal
Bears Virtual Learning Day Information from Friday, 1/7/22
Here are a few reminders:
- Grades will be recorded for assignments.
- Attendance was taken on Friday at 2:00 PM.
- If you need to complete school work outside of school hours, please communicate this information with your child's classroom teacher.
- Please note that your child’s attendance may be revised once student work has been completed and returned to their teacher. This means that a student may be marked absent initially, but once work has been submitted, the absence will be revised.
- Each set of assignments given for the day must be completed by Friday, January 14th. After work is submitted attendance can be changed/recorded.
COVID Vaccination Verification for Students
You can email a picture of the vaccination card to East High's health room nurse, Stacie Randolph at Stacie_Randolph@etownschools.org or upload a copy to your child's Community Portal account.
PTO Volunteers Needed!
- Creativity needed!! Volunteers to assist with teacher and staff appreciation for Jan, February, March and April. Have a cute/creative idea for showing appreciation? Pick a month and get involved in showing the school teachers and staff just how much we cherish them!
- Love Books? We need a Book Fair Co-Chairperson willing to cover at least half of the fair so we can hold an in-school fair in the Spring (~5 days - ½ day commitment). The kiddos get so excited to come shop for their own books and we really want to support that in the Spring, but need your help to make that happen!
- Ready for Spring already? We need ideas and Co-Chair volunteers for fun Spring activities- possible examples being Family Movie Night, Spring Carnival, Bingo, etc.
Please email us at EastHighStreetPTO@gmail.com if you are interested!
Come Join the Fun!
Home Testing Option (Rapid Antigen Test) for Asymptomatic Close Contacts only!
Several constituents had reached out to District Administration regarding the high costs of Covid Tests at regional facilities for asymptomatic students who have been placed in quarantine as close contacts. The constituents requested that the District review the alternative option of "over the counter" take-home tests for students to be able to return to school in a more efficient /cost-effective manner. The health services team met with our school physician on the effectiveness of the Home Testing Option (Rapid Antigen Test) and how the District would verify results to enable students who are asymptomatic AND yield a negative test to return to school. We are pleased to announce that effective Monday, September 27, 2021, the District will begin accepting the results of an over-the-counter at-home test (Rapid Antigen Test) for asymptomatic close contacts only. To exercise this option, a photograph, which includes the student's name, date of the test, and the visual result, would need to be uploaded via email/text to the specific building nurse or the appropriate District designated Covid Point of Contact (POC). Please feel free to reach out directly to these individuals if you are interested in this option.
Bainbridge, East High Street, Mill Road & Rheems Elementary Schools
Covid POC: 717-537-8379
Does your child need an individual counseling session with the School Counselor?
Is your child...
very sad, confused, angry, or worried.
experiencing severe behavior changes.
having difficulty dealing with family changes or situations.
stating something is bothering him/her to the point of distraction or intense anxiety
dealing with a loss of a family member or friend
experiencing stressors at home that are affecting school performance or self-concept
If you would like to notify the School Counselor, Mrs. Engebretson, that you think an individual appointment is needed, click on the link below. Once your child has been seen by the School Counselor, she will contact you to follow up about future support options.
This form SHOULD NOT be used for concerns about abuse, self harm, or suicide ideation. For those situations call any of the following:
Safe to Say: 1-844-723-2729; www.safe2saypa.org; use the Safe2Say mobile app
Crisis Intervention: 717-394-2631
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741, https://www.crisistextline.org/
If you would like to notify the School Counselor that you think an individual appointment is needed, click on the link. Once your child has been seen by the School Counselor, she will contact you to follow up about future support options.
Do you have questions about Leader in Me? Please visit the site below for more information about the program!
You can also visit East High's Leadership Day website from the 2020-2021 school year for more information on how Leader in Me is used in our school! Click on the link below for more information.
This site is from the 2020-2021 school year!
East High Street Procedures for the 2021-2022 school year!
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Changes in transportation or schedule
Please note: If you have a transportation change after 9:00 AM, please only call the main office and DO NOT email the teacher or the attendance email. We cannot guarantee the email will be received throughout the day.
We send children home the way they are assigned so any changes in transportation need to be communicated in a timely manner.
Reporting your Child Absent
- Call the East High office (717-361-0099) and press option 7. Please state your name, your child’s name, teacher’s name and reason for absence.
- Email the attendance email and provide your name, your child’s name, teacher’s name and reason for absence.
- East High Families: EH_Attendance@etownschools.org
Educational Trips for the 2021-2022 School Year
Information about the Form:
- The completed form must be received in the building principal's office at least five (5) days in advance of the tour or trip.
- Check the status of your request on EASD's online Community Portal on the attendance link. You are able to check future absences.
- Forms that are received with less than 5 days notice may be coded as illegal absences
This link can also be found on the East High page on the District website.
Parent/Guardian Technology Center
EASD students use electronic devices to access online resources for classroom instruction. Students in grades K-2 use iPads and Chromebooks while students in grades 3-12 use Chromebooks. Upon registering in the district, student technology accounts are created automatically so they are able to log in to district devices and access online instructional resources. Please read the information in the Technology Center to learn more about the student devices, technology accounts and troubleshooting measures.
Parents are encouraged to create their own technology accounts in our school systems to access their student's demographic information, digital report cards, and daily classroom instruction and grades.
For more specific information, such as where to find your student's Schoology Parent Access code please email firstname.lastname@example.org.