Gmail Distribution Groups
Communicating with groups
Recommended For: All
Efficiently communicate with a large group by sending an email to a contact group instead of separate individuals
To create a contact group:
- Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- Select contacts that you want to add to a group, click the Groups button. , then Create new.
- Enter the name of the group.
- Click OK.
To add contacts to a contact group:
- Select the contacts in the Contacts list.
- Click the Groups button.
- Select the group you'd like to add the contact to, or select Create new to create a new group.
- If you have multiple addresses saved for a contact, you can choose which address should belong to the contact group by opening the contact and clicking the small arrow next to the group you'd like to modify
To use the contact group:
1. Click on the compose button.
2. Click the BCC button to the right of the "To" bar to keep your group information private
3. Type the name of your group in the BCC line.
2. Compose an email to send to your group using the BCC feature if appropriate.