The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/23/2018
Message from the Freehold Township Education Association
The Freehold Township Education Association would like to invite you to meet the candidates running for the Freehold Board of Education this November. The Freehold Board of Education impacts the education of our students and this is your chance to hear their thoughts and ideas about the future of education in Freehold Township. We hope you can join us for this Freehold Township Pride in Public Education event so you will know the candidates you are voting for in November.
Interested individuals can go to the FTEANJ.com website to sign up. The link can be found in the FTEA Event drop down box. They might have to copy and paste the link. We have a limit of 60 tickets, but will also have a wait list and depending on interest, we might increase the amount of tickets available. Individuals should RSVP by Sept. 30. I have also provided the link below:
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - LOCATION CHANGE: Clifton T. Barkalow Middle School, 498 Stillwells Corner Road, Freehold, NJ 07728
- Thursday, October 4, 2018: Picture Day
- Monday, October 8, 2018: School Closed for Students/Professional Day for Staff
- Friday, October 12, 2018: PTO Meeting @ 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Friday, October 26, 2018: Halloween Social
- Monday, October 29, 2018: Delayed Opening/Professional Day for Staff
- Thursday, November 8 and Friday, November 9, 2018: District Closed
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018: PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Friday, November 16, 2018: FTEF Monte Carlo Night @ 6:00pm - Eagle Oaks Country Club
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, November 22, 2018: District Closed
- Friday, November 23, 2018: District Closed
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Friday, December 21, 2018: Early Dismissal - Winter Recess Begins
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019: District Reopens
We are in need of bagel sale volunteers! If you are able to help, please email our PTO at email@example.com. Thank you!
Please see the following PTO forms. We'd love for you to get involved!
- PTO Membership Form: http://bit.ly/2NOwb6F
- PTO Volunteer Form: http://bit.ly/2MBQ8te
- PTO Committee Descriptions: http://bit.ly/2KFogmk
- DDE School Spirit Clothing Order Form: http://bit.ly/2npIE1A
Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
Save the Date: 3rd Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction!
Thank you for your support!
Flavor of Freehold
DowntownFreehold.com Announces Flavor of Freehold in Support of the Freehold Municipal Alliance to Prevent Substance Abuse on Tuesday, October 9th and Wednesday, October 10th - 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
Flavor of Freehold is a unique tour of Downtown Freehold’s restaurants, bars, and shops held over two days. Participants walk from place to place with their “Passport” used as a guide of where to go. Everyone will receive signature samples from some of Freehold’s most loved establishments.
Tickets are $20.00 per person and may be purchased online here:
- Tickets for Tuesday: https://downtownfreehold.com/product/flavor-of-freehold-ticket-1092018/
- Tickets for Wednesday: https://downtownfreehold.com/product/flavor-of-freehold-ticket-10102018/
The Freehold Municipal Alliance exists to meet the need for comprehensive, coordinated substance abuse awareness planning and programming for the residents of Freehold Township and Freehold Borough. The Alliance conducts needs assessments, produces an annual prevention plan, and advocates for enhanced prevention services based on community needs and priorities.