Oct. 22nd, Union Mine High School

Join us and get this important application completed with help!

What is FAFSA/CADAA Night?

Union Mine High School, in partnership with El Dorado High School, will be hosting an in-person FAFSA/CADDA Night to assist families in completing either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act Application (CADAA).

Our goal is to help parents and students complete the application process so they can access financial aid for their college education and career/technical training beyond high school. It takes families on average less than an hour to complete the application and it qualifies students for federal, state, and college-based financial aid.

In addition, students planning on attending a local community college will qualify for 2 years of free tuition if they complete either the FAFSA or CADAA.


To ensure we have enough volunteers/materials to support attendees, please register for a drop-in time.


Workshop Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020

Workshop Time: Drop-in between 5:00 - 8:00 pm.
Please note that on average it takes 45-60 minutes to complete the FAFSA or CADAA. Those arriving at 7:30 pm or later may not complete the application before the end of the workshop.

Workshop Location: Union Mine High School, Large Gym

What to Bring to the Workshop:

  • FAFSA FILERS NEED AN FSA ID - Both the student and at least one parent need to create an FSA ID at fsaid.gov BEFORE the event
  • Student and at least one parent/guardian
  • FAFSA/CADAA Checklist - A list of the items/documents that you will need to bring with you in order to complete the FAFSA.
  • Additional materials will be supplied to you at check-in.

Which Application Do I Apply For?
Apply for the FAFSA If:

  • You are a U.S. Citizen or an eligible noncitizen
  • You have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
  • You plan to be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at a college or career school (trade/vocational)

Apply for CADAA If:

  • You are Undocumented
  • You have a valid or expired DACA status
  • You are a U Visa holder
  • You have Temporary protected Status (TPS)
  • You meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540
  • You plan to be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at a college or career school (trade/vocational) in the state of California.

*These applications are the best way to qualify students for financial aid that does not have to be repaid!


FAFSA Resources:

CA Dream Act Resources:

If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Dewater in the College & Career Center

530.621.4003 extension 4206 (office)
530.217.3783 (google text)


Thursday, Oct. 22nd, 5pm

6530 Koki Lane


Large gym

Bring your mask!


  • Students and parents arrive with all the materials needed to complete the application.
  • Staff will be available to help with any questions that come up along the way.