Lone Star Language Academy
A couple of reminders:
Snack time at school is a required HEALTHY snack - so we are telling the students they may not have chips, pop tarts, candy or similar. Please help us to reinforce this by providing such things as pretzels, goldfish, or something that has some nutritional value. If you allow the chips, that can be eaten at lunch but not for snack. Thank you!!
Tardies – We are requesting that you be sure to drop off by 8:05 in the morning. If your child gets dropped at the bell time, they still have to walk through the main office and down to the classroom – and missing the start of the day with morning announcements! So, please make an effort to get your child here in plenty of time to unpack and get into the classroom.
LSLA New Front/Entrance Procedures
Procedures to enter the building from the security door:
1. To the right of the door is an intercom/camera.
2. Press the button on the intercom.
3. Place yourself in front of the camera on the panel.
4. Someone will see you and will respond verbally.
5. They can then release the door for you to enter the building.
6. You will then report to the office.
We need your help and cooperation for our system to work effectively. Our office staff is handling multiple tasks and although they will work diligently to help you gain access into the building as quickly as possible, there may be a short delay until someone can view you on the monitor and allow access. Please help by identifying yourself and providing your child’s name.
We ask for your patience as we all get acquainted with this new system and remember that we have your child’s best interest at heart.
The purpose of our facebook page: ● To communicate information with our families. ● Highlight and celebrate the great things occurring at LSLA
A parent community for parents to learn more about the families at LSLA.
Join the LSLA PTO
- Amazon Smile Account - Donate free money to the school on purchases you already make on Amazon! Share with your friends and Family- https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-2995716
- Become a PTO member or donate online - https://squareup.com/store/LSLAPTO - all donations are tax deductible.
- Membership form - https://bit.ly/lslaPTOreg
Absence and Tardiness
When a student must be absent from school, parents are asked to call the school (972.244.7220) each day the student will be absent. Upon returning to school, the student must bring a note, signed by the parent or physician, that describes the reason for the absence. Notes must be received within three school days of the absence, or the absence will be unexcused.
Ms. Rodarte (KRodarte@lonestartx.org)
LSLA AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS/ACTIVITIES:
Monday: Chess with Heidi Austin
Tuesday: Art with Abrakadoodle and Basketball Buddies
Wednesday: Premier Martial Arts (Karate)
Thursday: LSLA Soccer Class with Mr. Gamez - Please see file attached for sign ups
Friday: Drama Kids