Crow Agency Public School
May 31st - June 3rd, 2016
"Achieving Our Dreams through Education"
The Last Week of School
The last week of school! Wow! We made it. We have had some ups and some downs this year, but in all things there is always an opportunity to learn and grow. This year went by kind of fast for me and everyday had something unexpected in store, sometimes good and sometimes not so good, sometimes thoroughly difficult and at other times enjoyable. But overall it was a good journey with everyone this year and I feel we did our best for our students.
QUOTES FROM TEACHERS
5. "Teachers have to take control of the narrative around teaching. If we don't shape the message, others will" (Teacher, South Carolina).
4. "I have teacher eyes. I see lessons everywhere. Physics on the freeway. Art in the clouds. And hope in my students' eyes" (Teacher, Washington).
3. "The end of the school year can test a healthy culture. It takes everyone to protect it, to honor it, to keep kids at the heart of it" (Teacher, Arkansas).
2. "If your students' experience in school is the same as your experience in school decades ago, that is a problem. The world is different now than it was then. And you didn't like being taught that way anyway" (Teacher, Massachusetts).
1. "There is constructive conversation at work and un-constructive conversation at work, we must choose which we will be a part of." (Teacher, Montana)
Report Cards Due
(For Attendance Awards we count up until this date.)
This week at a glance
Mon. May 30th
No School - Memorial Day
Tue. May 31st
2:00 pm - Field Day Test Run, Para's meet in the gym.
After School in the Library we will share a small meal with our retirees.
Wed. June 1st
Field Day (see Below)
Staff Luncheon in the Library. A "thank you" to those moving on after this year.
Thur. June 2nd
Fri. June 3rd
Field Day Assignments
Shot Put: Rhett & Edward
Hurdles: Carrie & Diane
Potato Sack: Melanie & Geri
Long Jump: Randine & Lisa
Tug of War: April & India
50 Meter Dash: Levi & Eva
Relay Races: Cara & Lindsay
Javelin Throw: Jennifer & Nicolette
-Classes will rotate between stations with 8 minutes at each station.
-On Tuesday May 31st we will do a test run between the stations at 2:00 pm.
*Leave will not be granted on this day. We need everyone's to help make this day work.
Turn Your Phone Into a Research Lab
- Google's new Science Journal app lets users measure the world around us. How much light is in my room compared to outside? How loud is the dog’s bark compared to my cough? (See the image at left.)