2015 Year In Review
Sports & Entertainment Marketing - Saurav Gehani
Three companies that market themselves the best
- Papa John’s- Used multiple big name football players like Peyton Manning, JJ Watt, and Joe Montana to advertise pizza and other Papa John’s products.
- Apple- TV advertisements caught people’s attention and also showed all the things their new technology is capable of.
- Verizon- discredited other cell phone providers while simultaneously promoting themselves in their advertisements.
Best Products of 2015
Worst Products of 2015
Best Movies of 2015
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens- After nearly 38 years of the release of the first Star Wars movie, the seventh film was released in December of 2015. Since Star Wars has been a large part of American culture since it was created, it has drawn many fans over the nearly 40 years it has been around. Because of this The Force Awakens was highly anticipated. A major incentive to watch this movie was because it had the plot of Star Wars but with modern CGI.
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron- This was the third Avengers movie. Many people were very excited to see this because the previous two were largely considered to be great movies. Age Of Ultron did not disappoint. Like the first and second avengers movies, the third one featured many well-known Marvel characters like Iron Man, Captain America, and the Black Widow. They also had those well-known characters played by well-known actors like Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johanson, which attracted many people.
Top Music Artists of 2015
- Drake- Drake started off 2015 by releasing the album "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" which was very successful. In the summer of 2015, he got into a feud with rapper Meek Mill, which resulted in Drake releasing a diss track called Back To Back Freestyle, which eventually was nominated for a Grammy. He then released a collaborative mixtape with Future which was also very successful. He capped of 2015 with the release of the song "Hotline Bling" which became extremely popular, even to non rap fans.
- The Weeknd- The Weeknd released the album "Beauty Behind the Madness" which included many popular songs like The Hills, Can't Feel My Face, and Often. These songs were constantly being played either on the radio or on people's iPhones.
Top 10 Apps of 2015
- HBO Now
- Starbucks Mobile Ordering
New Years Resolutions
- Go to bed earlier
- Be more helpful to family and friends
- Get a better calculus grade