Welcome to SIP Talks
SIP Talks (Senior Inquiry Project Talks)
7:00-7:15: Introduction and greeting by Kevin Brookhauser
7:15-8:45: Student presentations
8:45-9:00: Closing remarks
- Amanda D'Angelo, Arlington High School: "What is Love?"
- Catherine Groh, Highland High School: "The Stage: Salt For Shakespeare"
- Matthew Shelley-Reade, New Paltz High School: "The Other 9/11: How the U.S. Overthrew Democracy"
- Klea Albrahimi, Natalie Turner, Elizabeth Saint-Louis, and Marissa Zaritsky, Arlington High School: "Fear and Friendship"
- Selena Perry, Highland High School: "Mental Health: The Elephant in the Room"
- Joshua DeJoy, New Paltz High School: "Punk Rock: A Dim Reflection"
- Hannah Pelletier, Arlington High School: "My Choices, My Life"
- Kyle Welch, Highland High School: "Resuscitating Democracy"
- Noah Pomerselig, New Paltz High School: "Rethinking Education"
About Kevin Brookhauser
Kevin Brookhauser inspired SIP Talks with his excellent blog: iteachithink.com. He is a humanities and technology teacher at York School, in Monterey and serves the York faculty as the coordinator for academic technology. Kevin is a Google Certified Teacher and Trainer, a Computer Using Educators (CUE) Lead Learner, and a National Association of Independent Schools Teacher of the Future.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE HUDSON VALLEY WRITING PROJECT FOR ITS SUPPORT!