October 8, 2021
- Sept. 27-Oct. 8- Werner PTA Direct Donation Drive-LAST DAY!
- Oct. 13- Running Club 3:30-4:30
- Oct. 14-15- No School-Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 19- PTA Mtg. 6-7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 20-25- Safe Routes to School Bike Class (during PE)
- Oct. 27- Picture Retake Day
- Oct. 29- Halloween Parade @ 2:45
NEWS FROM WERNER
- No School, Oct. 14-15- Just a friendly reminder that these days are set aside for parent/teacher conferences.
- Direct Donation Drive- Thanks for all those who have given to our direct donation drive so far! Today is the last day for the drive (see info down below).
- Parent/Teacher Conferences- Teachers have begun scheduling conferences to discuss progress of your student. Conferences will be offered in person or virtual depending on your needs. When attending conferences in school, masks and distancing are expected. Thanks for your support and participation in these important times to support your child!
Halloween Parade and Parties- Our annual Halloween parade and parties are back, but will look a little different with our current health/safety protocols. Our annual Halloween Parade will begin around 2:45 p.m. on Friday, October 29. Parents are invited to view the parade out on the playground. Parties will be held in each room before the parade. Due to current restrictions, we can only accommodate two volunteers per classroom for the parties. Room Parents and/or teachers will be communicating out to families on needs. Visitors will not be allowed for the parties this year.
Guidance on Halloween Costumes- Halloween is a great opportunity for dressing up in costumes that are creative and fun. We ask that you help your students plan for costumes that are not scary (e.g. zombies, vampires, etc.) and that do not use pretend weapons of any kind. Guns, knives, nun-chucks, bows/arrows, etc. will not be permitted. Students are okay with wearing facemasks. Please check the weather forecast before coming to school with their costume. The parade is outside, pending on the weather, and will last about 20 minutes.
Werner CANS Around the Oval Food and Fund Drive
The 35th Cans Around the Oval food and fund drive is back! Let’s do what we CAN to relieve food insecurity for our fellow RAMS and neighbors!
Here’s how you can help:
- Bring non-perishable foods to school and have your student put them in the CAN near their classroom between Monday, October 11-18.
- Make a donation to the Food Bank of Larimer County through our Werner Elementary Team virtual fundraising page using this link.
- Volunteering with the Food Bank for Larimer County
Let’s see what we CAN do for our community Wildcats!
Library Volunteers Needed!
The Werner library is excited to welcome back our seasoned volunteers and bring new ones on board! We would love your help shelving books and performing other library tasks anytime throughout the school day. We are happy to accommodate all schedules and availability.
Please email Amy at email@example.com if interested.
If you’re yet not in the PSD Volunteer system, sign up here:
Due to the district’s covid restrictions, volunteers must also sign up here this year:
All volunteers must wear a mask while inside a PSD building.
A Note from Our Health Office
Link to immunization information:
· If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes.
· If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school. Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1st through June 30th of the following year).
· Two ways to file a nonmedical exemption, certificates and online education module:
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
PTA and Boosterthon Host a Giving Drive!
Last day to give for the Giving Drive! Our goal is to raise $14,000 to support our school. When we reach our goal, we hold a school wide drawing to win a pair of Broncos Tickets!!!
Corporate matching is available for grownups that donate and work for companies like
Hewlett – Packard, Target, Amazon, Broadcom, Kaiser, Budweiser, Turner Broadcasting, Edward Jones, H&R Block, Charles Schwab, State Farm, and so many more!
How do I check my matching gift eligibility?
Step 1: After making a donation, you will see a search bar that says “See if your employer
will match your donation!”
Step 2: Simply type in the name of your employer into the search bar and select it from the
drop down menu.
Step 3: The page will then indicate if you qualify for a matching gift program along with next
Battle of the Books
Registration is open for Battle of the Books! Battle of the Books is a motivational reading program. The goals of the program are to encourage students to enjoy reading and to broaden their reading interests. Teams are grouped by grade and are comprised of 3-5 students each. The students will read 6-8 books over the course of six months and then have a competition, answering questions about the books as a team. Teams usually meet weekly for 30-minute practices to review the books they are reading.
Complete the form titled “Student Permission Form”. Be sure to hand your paperwork back into Traci Henninger. The cost to participate is $10/child. Please include payment when your child returns the form. This money will be used for additional books as well as student prizes at the Battle. Registration papers were sent in a previous Friday Folder. Any questions please contact Melanie Havener, firstname.lastname@example.org
October Book Club
This month’s book is “Trauma Proofing Your Kids”, A Parents' Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline. Please register and answer the poll to decide where and when the club will meet.
DEI Committee: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The PTA will be founding a DEI committee. As founding members, this first committee year we will be focused on partnering with Principal Camp to identify the needs of the Werner Community and within guidance of the National PTA creating a mission for our school and begin to offer community guidance and support. Register HERE if interested.
Upcoming General Meeting
Tuesday, October 19th | 7:00 pm | Werner Elementary Media Center
Katherine, from Partners Mentoring Youth, will be on campus to provide a presentation focused on adolescent brain development, decision making, and skills to help talk to your child about substances. Due to limited capacity please register for the event. PTA business will be conducted before the speaker, and any questions, concerns for the PTA will be addressed after.
PTA Spirit Wear
Like our Cool PTA Mom tees? The Werner PTA has designed some Grownup Tees and Coffee Mugs for purchase to show your PTA spirit!
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events and see what the PTA is up to at the school.
September Meeting Recap September’s detailed Meeting Minutes can be found HERE.
Grownups Night Out November| Board & Brush | Day & time TBD
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL! Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
Connect with us at PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com
There Is No Wrong Way to PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
Apply to Substitute in PSD!
Are you interested in gaining valuable work experience? Would you like a flexible schedule and the opportunity to make a difference?
Have you considered working for Poudre School District as a substitute?
We want to meet you!
For more information, pay scales, and an application link, visit:
Once your application has been processed, you will be invited to sign up for an orientation.
If you have questions about the process of becoming a substitute for PSD, please contact the substitute coordinator at: email@example.com
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.