Arcola~ The Magic in the Middle
Week of March 22
Dear Arcola Families
The Counselor Corner
As part of our continuing focus on career awareness and career pathways, Arcola will be hosting a virtual STEAM Day on Tuesday, March 30, with the focus on careers in the STEM and Arts fields. Following a kick-off assembly featuring a high-energy presentation on music technology, students will watch recorded presentations made by speakers in various STEAM fields in their regular classes. We are looking forward to a fun, engaging, and informative day!
Scheduling for 8th Grade students for the high school is wrapping up. Students have until April 7 to make changes to their choices for classes in 9th Grade. Parents and guardians can view their students’ choices in the PowerSchool web portal under Class Registration. Any questions can be directed to Mr. Mueller in the Counseling Office (x30220 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please join me in congratulating the hard work and dedication of Arcola's Science Fair Team. It has been quite a different looking competition season (all virtual), but our students rose to the occasion. Several members of our team are moving onto advanced competitions. We wish them the best of luck!
- Team Arcola Reading Warriors dominates both rounds of the Reading Olympics competition bringing home blue ribbons which is the highest honor bestowed. This year’s competition was all virtual. Teams received one question per book for 25 questions each round. The Reading Warriors showed up fierce with 22 points the first round and 20 in the second round. Superior skills in representing Arcola as well as collaborating with each other to arrive at the correct answer. Mrs. McKenzie is beyond proud to be their sponsor!
MSD Job Opportunities
There are openings for Bus Aides, Custodians, Coaches and Casuals on Call!
- All students are required to wear masks and lanyards
- All sports entry to campus is 3:10PM
- Car pick-up entry is 3:00PM
- AM drop-off starts at 7:45AM