FCI Week At A Glance
May 2-8, 2015
Teacher Appreciation Week!!
- MONDAY: It's Monday-keep calm there's donuts, coffee and juice (before school)
- TUESDAY: If you give a teacher ice cream... Ice cream treats at lunch
- WEDNESDAY: Lunch-pizza, breadsticks, drinks and dessert
- THURSDAY: It's lunchtime at the movies! Popcorn, soda, movie candy and an all time great movie!
- FRIDAY: Jimmy Johns lunch! TEACHER RAFFLE TODAY!
Goodies are for all staff!! Thanks a million!! ~PTO
Make-Ups: To be concluded asap
Google Drive link to ISTEP info: https://drive.google.com/a/hse.k12.in.us/folderview?id=0B-ebfJE4uXbHfkhCZ1o4ZTZRWjBSMWF1bzduS25hVXEzUTZxOUhRMXZwLUNyT3k2WGQtMjA&usp=sharing
Note that RtI should continue through at least May 22nd. This includes both tier 2 during the school day and tier 3 after school. Documentation should also continue as long as RtI instruction is occurring.
NWEA - May 11-12
It is important that we finish NWEA at the beginning of that week to ensure there is time for make-ups mid-week, allowing for the Cogat be given to those who qualify to be tested for High Ability in a timely fashion before the end of the year events begin to maximize the potential to get a truer picture of student ability. (95%-higher on NWEA=high ability qualifier; 80-94% on NWEA=take Cogat to determine HA qualification - 5th grade only)
- Monday, 5/11- Reading
- Tuesday, 5/12 - Math
- Wednesday/Thursday, 5/13-14 - Make-ups
- Monday, 5/18 - Cogat (a.m.)
- We will have band and orchestra on 5/11-12 as they have a concert on 5/14. Your team may choose to run an abbreviated schedule both days or consider other options such as Monday-periods 1,2, and shortened 3 then Tuesday - periods 4, 5, and shortened 3. Please let the office know your plans so they know where to locate students should the need arise.
- If students forget iPads, iPads aren't charged, etc., the computer labs will be manned by the Related Arts teachers so you may send students there. Since these assessments are not timed, Related Arts teachers will be able to get students working as soon as they arrive and not have to wait for everyone to be present. However, having said that, please send students to the lab as soon as you are aware of a need.
******* Food for Thought.... *******
*** From Previous WAG (current) ***
**The real bottom line is to be vigilant when monitoring students throughout the day whether in your classroom, recess, or hallways.
SFS update and post-observation reminders
- If you haven't had your final observation, look for Randy and Kim to be out sometime in the next two weeks before ISTEP begins.
- After your extended observation is shared with you via email from SFS, be sure to note the Staff/Evaluator Conference Date and Time, generally scheduled during your prep. If that date/time doesn't work for you, please let your evaluator know.
- Upload your HSE TER Reflection document to SFS as an artifact prior to post-observation discussion. If you have already had your discussion, please still upload the document to SFS as soon as possible.
- Reminder: The HSE TER Reflection document was sent on to you 1/5 with that week's Week at a Glance notification. Please remember to be specific in the details listed in the Reflection document. It will be used a basis for the conversation as well as indicators for domains 1 and 3 on your evaluation.
*** The most recent FALCON FLYER ***
What's Happenin' at the Creek!
Monday, May 4th, 2015 Rot. F-1
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHELLE KNECHT!!!
Teacher Appreciation - Donuts, juice, coffee before school
Returning 2015-16 classroom teachers - see Randy by end of day
2:45-4:00pm - Track Practice 5th
2:50-3:50pm - Rocket Club
4:00-5:30pm - District Discussion (Admin) - Kim and Terri
Tuesday, May 5th, 2015, Rot. F-2
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG PHLIPOT!!!
Teacher Appreciation - Ice Cream at lunch
No Band or Orchestra
9:00am-12:00pm - Intermediate Pricipals' Meeting (Admin) - Randy and Kim
2:50-4:00 pm - Track Practice 6th
2:50-3:45pm - Fit Falcons
4:00-5:30pm - Technology-Email System Committee
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015, Rot. F-3
Teacher Appreciation - Pizza, breadsticks, drinks, and dessert for lunch
No Band or Orchestra
2:50-5:30pm - Engineering for Kids
2:50-3:45pm - Fit Falcons
2:50-4:00pm - Cartoon Club
5:00-7:00pm - FCI Track Meet @ HSE HS (High Jump begins @ 4:55 pm)
Thursday, May 7th, 2015, Rot. F-4
Teacher Appreciation - Popcorn, soda, movie candy and an all time great movie at lunch!Team Meetings 5-3, 5-4, 5-6, 6-3, 6-4A, 6-4B 2:50-3:45pm - Falcon THON
4:30-7:00pm - Rain Date for FCI Track Meet @ Freshman Campus
Friday, May 8th, 2015, Rot. F-5
Teacher Appreciation - Jimmy Johns lunch! TEACHER RAFFLE TODAY!
Team meetings 5-1, 5-2, 5-5, 6-1, 6-2, & 6-58:30-9:30am - Team 6-3 - Teach a Child to Save (Cafeteria)
3:00-5:00pm - Falcon THON @ FCI Gym