The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Newsletter - February 2, 2022
Happy Catholic Schools Week SKS families!
We have had a great start to Catholic Schools Week ~ beginning with our weekend Masses. Thank you to the families that attended and represented Saint Kateri School in their school uniforms. A special Thank You to Declan in 4th grade for volunteering to share why he loves SKS at the ambo at St. Margaret Mary's and bringing his dad along too! Our parishioners love to see our students, many of them were Catholic School students when they were their age, and it brings back special memories for them.
Throughout the week our faculty and students have been participating in fun and silly themed days ~ and showing their SKS spirit. We are also fulfilling our mission to be Christ for others by collecting items needed by Sunset House in Irondequoit. Yesterday our students made Sunshine cards for Sunset House to spread some cheer to the families going through difficult times. Please have any donated items into school by this Friday ~ thank you for your generosity!
Registration packets were sent out and are making their way back to the Main Office. Our plan for the 2022-2023 school year is to continue with our classroom cap of 20 students in K-5.
Deadlines to keep in mind:
- Registration for New Families will begin on Monday, February 7th
- The deadline for Early Bird registration fee is March 15th.
Remember that we are accepting applications for the Reddington Scholarship and the Building a Brighter Future Scholarship for next year, information below. The Building a Brighter Future Scholarship is income based and applications are accepted through our FACTS Management System. These are offered to all 16 Diocesan Catholic Schools and are given out on a first come, first served basis. We don't want any of our families to miss out on the financial help they need to continue their child in Catholic education.
Thank you for your support of Catholic education ~ our families are the heart of SKS!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Reminders from the Main Office
- Please be sure to continue to use your Name Signs in the front window of your car in the Dismissal Car Line. It helps the Car Line Teachers match students with grown ups in cars but is especially important if we need to have staff members working Car Line that are not familiar with families, or the cars they drive. Be sure to let any family members picking up your child(ren) to use a name sign as well.
- Valentine Cookie order for the Scouts is due Friday, February 4th
Barnes and Noble and N.U.T. Passes!
If you check-in at the Parent's Association table your K-5 child will receive a N.U.T. Pass (No Uniform Today) to use from now until the end of the school year. Preschoolers will receive a Lollipop Pass when checking into the Book Fair!
Don't forget to stop in at the Barnes and Noble Café to sample the Specialty Drink created by our own EmmaRose in 3rd grade! Congratulations EmmaRose!
The waiver below needs to be completed online and is required in order to participate in tubing at Greystone. Completing it prior to the event will get you on the hill faster!
Kindergarten Information Night
Kindergarten Infor Night ~ February 3rd at 5:30pm
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 2/2: Preschool Information Night at 5:30pm ~ registration required
- 2/2: March Hot Lunch opens
- 2/3: Walk Throughs for perspective families 3:30-4:30pm (Call the Main Office for details)
- 2/3: Kindergarten Information Night at 5:30pm ~ registration required
- 2/8: Quiet Mass 3rd/K
- 2/9: March Hot Lunch closes at 9:30am
- 2/9: Parent's Association Meeting (In person) 6:00-7:30pm
- 2/11: SOUP-er Bowl Can Drive
- 2/11: Report Cards go home
- 2/15: K-5 School Mass (4th grade leading)
- 2/16: FULL DAY of school ~ was initially a Half Day
- 2/21-2/25: No School ~ February Break!
PARENT’S ASSOCIATION 2021-2022
We will be having our next Parent's Association Meeting on Wednesday, February 9th In-Person in the SKS Gym. All are welcome!
- Be CASE trained prior to volunteering (process can take up to two weeks)
- Follow 2021-2022 COVID guidelines (i.e., wear mask at all times, social distance and hand wash/sanitize frequently)
- Be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID test