Mrs. Johnson's Jammin' Kinder
What are we learning?
- Counting frontward and backward to 20 without objects
- Read, write and represent numbers to 20 with and without objects
- Recall a number that is more than or less than the number stated
- Count to 100 by ones and tens.
- Recalling important events that happened at the beginning, middle, and end of a story
- Recall the story elements of a story (Characters, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Writing complete sentences (capital letter at the beginning, spaces between words, and punctuation)
- Recognizing and reading sight words
- Weather and how it changes each day and each season
- Identify Stephen F. Austin, George Washington, and Christopher Columbus
- Good citizens
- Use vocabulary that relates to time such as before, next, after, later, yesterday, today, tomorrow, etc.
What are sight words? Sight words are mostly words that do not fit a pattern and should be recognized without sounding out. We add a new word each week and are continually reviewing previous words. Here are the words we have learned so far.
- said (adding this week)
Feel free to make games with the words.
Our Valentine's party is approaching quickly!! It will be Friday, February 12th at 1:30. If you would like to be in charge of the party (planning out what to do and delegating parents to help with supplies), please let me know!! Your child was sent home with a note with all of our classmates on it as well as their CAMP teachers. Please have your student write the names on the Valentine's. It gives them writing practice!!! Here are the names in case you would like an electronic version.
- Aden G.
- Ayden S.
- Mrs. Howard
- Mrs. Tardogno
- Mrs. McPherson
- Mrs. Howe
- Coach Cruz
- Coach Tenison
- We start class at 7:30, please make sure that your child arrives with plenty of time to get to the room and settled before the 7:30 bell.
- Please send a jacket or coat for your child as it is still a bit chilly when we go outside for recess.
- Quite a few toys have entered our room and have become a distraction. Please make sure that your child's toys are staying at home or in the car.
- We have started a "Love Monster" activity in our classroom. The "Love Monsters" love to see each person treating their friends and family with sweet words and encouraging other. We have been having an issue in class with some students not using kind words that is hurting other's feelings. I have started this unit to help get our "mean words" back to "nice words". They are so excited to see if the "Love Monster" heard them using kind words because each morning there will be a sweet treat on their table if they were caught using nice words. On Friday, your children will be making paper "Love Monsters". Please remind your precious kiddos that words can be hurtful even if they didn't mean to. I love my class and their little personalities. They have always been so helpful of each other and I want them to stay that way.
- Snacks should be a finger food that doesn't need to use a utensil as well as water (no juice).
- Homework folders are due each Friday and will be returned each Monday. I changed the activities to 4 each week instead of 5. :)
- Our reading bags are going great. Please make sure that on your student's day, their bag is in their backpack so that they can get a new book to read. This week, I will be sending home 2 books!!!