SHARK NATION NOTES
December 1st, 2023
Important Upcoming Dates
December 4th - 8th - PTA Holiday Shoppe
December 5th - Student Early Release 2:37pm
December 14th - PTA Meeting
December 15th - PTA Family Movie Night
December 22nd - Last day of school before Winter Break
Dear Shark Families -
We are in our last few weeks of 2023! It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks we will have our winter break. This time of year is always a busy one - hopefully you can find a few moments to slow down and enjoy the ride!
Next week is our Ribbons and Bows Holiday shop for students! Be sure to look for communication from your child(ren)'s teacher(s) about their assigned day and time to shop. Also, a quick reminder that we have our early release day this Tuesday. Students are dismissed at 2:37 pm.
Finally, I just want to take a minute to emphasize the importance of the circle drive morning drop off rules. All families should have received an email and phone call yesterday regarding this. Thank you for following those expectations, and please share them with any family members that may be dropping off in the mornings.
Thank you for your partnership and all that you do to support our kids and school!
Sarah Bentley, SM Principal
Link to CRC Form, Prearranged Absence Form, Medical Forms, Address Change Form
Huron Valley MLK Day Annual Art, Writing, and Multimedia Contest
Important Circle Drive Reminders
Thank you to everyone following the guidelines making the circle drive a smoother experience for your community! Please see reminder below and share these rules with other family members who may pick up your student at times.
Arrival/Dismissal - updated information
- Our building doors open at 9:10 am. Please do not drop off early, as there isn't adult supervision outside of the building. You may only use the front loop for drop off
- Upper El Centrum doors close at 9:15am If your child arrives later than this, please use the front doors of the building.
- Safety first! Drivers will need to remain in their lane until all students have been unloaded; you are not allowed to pass other cars if your children unloaded first.
- Also for safety reasons, drivers and other adults must remain in the car during pick up and drop-off. If your child requires help getting in or out of their vehicle please park in the parking lot and walk to the doors to get your child/pick your child up.
- Always have your green name sign clipped to your passenger visor during afternoon pick up - this keeps things moving quickly for the entire Spring Mills community. Please let your child's teacher or the office know if you did not receive a sign and we will send them home with your child.
- When possible, please move your child's seat to the passenger side of the vehicle. Children should not be exiting out into traffic, but rather on the curb side.
- The school day ends at 4:08 pm. Please do not arrive before 4pm. DO NOT EXIT your vehicle from the circle to meet students.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Sick Or Injured Children
If your child becomes sick or soiled after arriving at school, the office will call the parent or emergency contact person to come pick up your child. Your child will be removed from the classroom and must be picked up as soon as possible. Please consider carefully and plan how you will handle the possibility of your child needing to come home unexpectedly. In an emergency, the school will call EMS to transport the child to the hospital. It is very important to keep accurate and current phone numbers on file with your school for home, work and alternate emergency contact persons.