OES Panther Press
October 10, 2021
End of First Quarter
Over the next few weeks, students will be taking the STAR Progress Monitoring assessment to measure their learning gains in Math and Reading since the beginning of the year. Teachers use this data to help differentiate learning for students in the upcoming quarter.
Report cards will go home October 20. STAR reports will be sent home after the class completes testing for the quarter.
Join us this week for our virtual PTO meeting October 12 at 6:30 pm.
2022-2023 Kindergarten Wait List Information
For more information on registration for students entering Kindergarten in 2022-2023, please view the document on our OES web site, regarding necessary forms required for prospective students who will be starting Kindergarten in August 2022. This year, we will be accepting electronic applications. This form is now available in the Parent Portal, under Prospective Students on our OES web site. It is important to apply early, as we usually have a Wait List, even for those with Sibling Preferences.
A Note from Mrs. Gamboa...
Fresh Pumpkins that are carved WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED – Craft Pumpkins ONLY may be Carved or Cut.
· Design a pumpkin based on your favorite book or character.
· Purchase a fresh/real or craft pumpkin that is no larger in size than a basketball.
· Gather your decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run, and spray paint will gradually dissolve the fresh/real pumpkin.
· Other options include adding materials such as yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
· Decorate a fresh pumpkin without carving, cutting or poking holes in the fresh/real pumpkins. Items can be glued to the pumpkin.
· Complete the entry page on the back. Deliver form and pumpkin to library on Wednesday, October 20, not before. This form is required.
· Deliver pumpkins upon arrival to school on Wednesday, October 20, bring your pumpkin and entry form to the library.
· Pumpkins are to be taken home by the end of school on Monday, November 1. This will give everyone a chance to visit the patch. If you leave early that day, please stop and collect your pumpkin and prize bag. If your child needs assistance getting it home please make arrangements to do this. All pumpkins and their accessories left behind will be disposed of by 4:00 p.m. on 11/1/21.
· Participation is completely voluntary. This is not a contest, but a fun way to express your creativity and each decorated pumpkin will earn the student(s) of the family a prize bag on November 1.
· If pumpkins start to deteriorate before the pick-up date, they will be disposed of early.
· Make this a fun home project and be creative!
· Thank you to the creative members of the PTO for creating our fall/pumpkin presentation area in the library.
SORA – Oasis eBook Collection
Oasis Elementary South has their own eBook collection – SORA, containing this year’s SSYRA Jr. and SSYRA books, last year’s state nominated books, and other titles. All children will have access to this collection by using their school Gmail address and password (your child’s teacher will provide). You can download this app on a device, or go to http://soraapp.com/library/oesfl
News from PTO
Second PTO Meeting of the Year
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 6:30pm
Nurse Melaine Klages will be our Guest Speaker
Event on OES Families (Facebook)
Trunk or Treat
Save the date! Trunk or Treat will be October 29. More details to follow.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Please help us earn money for our school by using digital Box Tops! Click on the following link to learn more https://www.boxtops4education.com/How-To-Earn
- Download the app for Box Tops.
- When signing up, our school is listed as Oasis Charter Elementary School
- If you shop online or have digital receipts, you can email those directly to email@example.com. Be sure to send it from the same email account you used to setup your Box Tops account.
- Receipts need to be scanned/emailed within 14 days.
Thank you for all you do to support our school!
Order your 2021-22 OES yearbook today! The deadline is December 17, 2021 and the yearbook is only available for purchase online at no extra charge! Order here. View the flyer here for more information.
For more information, please email Jannette.Blusiewicz@capecharterschools.org.
Mark Your Calendar: Important Oasis Elementary South Dates
10/12 Virtual PTO Meeting
10/14 Last Day of First Quarter
10/15 No School Professional Duty Day
10/20 Early Release Day (Students are dismissed at 12:30)
Waiting in the Carline on Oasis Blvd.
Thank you for helping us to be good neighbors.
Changes to the Quarantine Policy
Recently, the State of Florida issued a new Emergency Rule, which impacts quarantine policies. The new rule states that students will still be identified as close contacts when they are exposed to a positive COVID case, however, if the student is asymptomatic, the parent/guardian can choose whether or not the child will quarantine. If you receive a Close Contact alert through Parent Square, please notify your teacher whether or not your child will be quarantining or not.
As always, we thank you for your flexibility, as we navigate through these changes in protocols and policies. Please continue to encourage your child to make healthy choices at school.
When leaving campus after arrival and dismissal, please only turn right on Oasis Blvd. This helps keep the traffic flow moving.
Car Line Procedures
Students will NOT be released to cars without a current, school issued car tag. Parents without a car tag will be directed to park and report to the office and present a driver's license to have their child released to them.
AM DROP OFF: All car drop off is in the back. No cars may drop off in the front, near the office, as that is where our buses unload.
AM DROP OFF PROCEDURE: Vehicles should not line up until 7:50 am. Vehicles will enter at the OHS entrance. There are two lanes of traffic. (The third lane on the right is for staff, who need to drive to their parking lot). Also, as vehicles approach the drop off location, please have your child ready to depart, (shoes on, bookbag packed up, ready to unbuckle and depart). Parents should stay in their vehicle and have their car in PARK. If you are in the second lane and a staff member has not come to assist, please hold your arm out the driver's side window to alert staff that a child is still in the vehicle. For safety reasons, it is essential that students wait in their vehicles for staff to open their car door. All vehicles will remain stopped until all students have exited to the sidewalk. A staff member will signal when it is time for the lines of traffic to proceed.
PM PICK UP: K-1 and their siblings will be picked up in the front. Students in grades 2-5 will be dismissed in the back, (same as the AM Drop Off location).
PM PICK UP PROCEDURE: Cars should not line up for dismissal until after 3:00 pm. Vehicles will be directed in by our Security person at the OHS entrance to the campus and wait in line until dismissal starts at 3:30. A staff member will read the car tags as cars approach and have the cars move forward toward the pick up location. Parents should wait in their vehicle. Staff will be directing children. While students are loading, all cars should be in PARK.
Extra Car Tag
New Sign In/Sign Out Policy
Please check our Dress Code carefully before purchasing shoes and clothing for school. Students will not be permitted to wear clothing that is not within our dress code. All uniforms should have our new logos on them.
Please note: Slip on shoes are not permitted. This includes VANS style shoes.
Systemwide and Schoolwide Communication
Families who attended OES last year, will already be registered. Students who are new to OES and are not already registered in Parent Square, will receive an email invitation asking to activate the account. This email will be sent to the email you used to register, (and the email that is in FOCUS). You may need to check your junk or spam email, as it sometimes goes there.
See below for a sample of what the email will look like.
If you have to pick up your child early, email OES.firstname.lastname@example.org and CC the teacher.
Be sure to include the following information:
- Student Name
- What time you are picking them up
- Are they returning afterwards?
Reminder: We do not dismiss after 2:45 pm daily.
Email all attendance notices to: OES.Attendance@oasishs.org
Be sure to include the following information:
Student First and Last Name:
Date of absence(s):
Parent Cell Phone Number:
Reason for absence:
And attach any documentation you might have for the absence: