Early Childhood Newsletter
Spring has sprung!
Pete the Cat!
Activities we are using to help us meet our goals:
2. Shapes, colors and concepts songs/fingerplays
3. Mimio interactive BIG and small sorting Pete the Cat
4. Letters in our name assembly, writing and recall
5. Concepts such as in front of, behind, between, up/down, high/low, full/empty
6. Number sense with buttons
7. Color atching sorting and naming
8. Cutting and snipping, coloring small pictures with contorl
9. Answering personal questions
10. What are they doing? Action song
11. Following two to three step directions
12. Ten frames for counting and organizing numbers
13. Taking turns, practicing waiting, forming a line
14. Using iPad apps to increase fine motor, math, letter ID, and letter sounds skills
Letters, letters everywhere!
Many of our friends can name letters of the alphabet and say the sound the letter makes! Way to go!
Please encourage your child to count out items around the house. For example: forks to set the table, balls while cleaning up toys, shoes on your feet, fingers on your hands!
The Brown Deer Way
Even our littlest students are learning how to be safe, responsible, respectful and honest at school!