Greens Prairie PTO
~ April 2014 Newsletter ~
A note from our PTO President
It's so hard to believe that we are already in the last six weeks of school. I can't tell you what a blast I've had leading this PTO group this year, or how fast the time has flown by! We are already very busy planning for next school year, but we still have a few things to wrap up before we let this one go.
1. Be sure you have ordered your yearbook! There is more information included with this newsletter, but, they are selling fast, and only a limited number are left. Make sure yours is reserved. They will be arriving mid-May so don't wait!
2. The PTO is once again offering pre-packaged school supplies for the 2014/2015 school year. This is not a school fundraiser. Order forms will go home on Monday, April 21st, and can also be picked up in the school office or downloaded from the PTO website. This is a GREAT opportunity to save time and money on getting your back to school shopping done. We can even deliver them directly to your child's classroom!
3. Make plans to attend the GPE PTO Expo at the Meet The Teacher event in August. This is when you can pre-order T-shirts and yearbooks, pick up your school supplies (unless we're delivering them), and get plugged in to the PTO with volunteer sign up and fundraising information. The date will be announced very soon!
I want to personally thank each and every one of you who came out to enjoy the day with us at the 3rd Annual Mustang Rodeo! The weather was perfect, the bar-b-q was delicious, the music was incredible, and a fun time was had by all! We wanted you all to know that this year's Rodeo proceeds are approximately $19,000.00. That is an amazing day!
From the rodeo proceeds, the PTO has already approved a $5,000.00 purchase of library books, and $1,000.00 for Kindergarten Big Books, with much more to come. All together, before the end of the school year, the PTO will have made contributions back to Greens Prairie Elementary this year in excess of $50,000.00. None of that would be possible without you! Your generosity has helped us to fund field trips, teacher grants, Smart Boards, IPads, literacy books, library books, playground improvements, and so much more! If you ever have any questions about how, and where the PTO money is spent, please feel free to contact me, email@example.com.
Please check out the rest of the newsletter for updates on coming events in May, such as the Brazos Valley Food Bank Food Drive, Scholastic Spring Book Fair, and Teacher Appreciation week. Thank you again for your support of the PTO, and I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!
A Huge Mustang Thank You!
Thank you to all of our volunteers
As the VIPS Coordinator, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all the volunteers that assisted during our Spring Rodeo. It was a great success thanks to the volunteers who helped the event run so smoothly. I received nothing but positive remarks about our volunteers and their efforts! The volunteers themselves commented on how much fun they had working our event and how they look forward to this event each and every year. Special recognition to the following organizations:
- BIG EVENT
- ONE ARMY
- DELTA GAMMA
- AGGIE WRANGLERS
- TEXAS A&M PRE-MED STUDENTS
- And the various organizations from the following:
- COLLEGE STATION HIGH SCHOOL
- COLLEGE STATION MIDDLE SCHOOL
- A&M CONSOLIDATED HIGH SCHOOL
- A&M CONSOLIDATED MIDDLE SCHOOL
City Wide PTO Food Drive
Help us fill up a full truck of food!
CSISD City Wide PTO is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Brazos Food Bank. GPE PTO will be participating in the event again this year and we need YOUR HELP to make this successful.
During summer months the Food Bank’s supplies are low and needs are HIGH! We will be accepting food and/or money donations throughout the week.
$1.00 = 5 Pounds of Food — CASH WORKS GREAT…
HELP US BRING IN THE POUNDS!!!
Summer School Registration
Don't wait...classes fill quickly!
Registration opens April 10, 2014 @ 10am
Enrichment (PK-7th grade)
Registration opens: April 11, 2014 @ 10am
Registration opens April 21, 2014 @ 10am
Join The PTO
Please contact PTO President, Lara Lewis, for more information on the available positions and detailed descriptions. Lara.firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to register your child for kindergarten, you will need the following:
· Proof of Residency (utility bill or lease agreement)
· Child’s Birth Certificate or Passport
· Child’s Social Security Card
· Child’s Immunization Record
Registration will continue through mid-June and resume in the immediate weeks prior to school starting.
Parents are encouraged to register their students as early as possible in order help CSISD plan for the 2012-13 school year.