Lez Go Travel
Tips for Planning Your Honeymoon
• Ensure the best honeymoon experience for you and your spouse when you purchase a honeymoon package in advance, including your flight, hotel, and activities.
• You’ll want to finalize and book your honeymoon approximately 4-6 months before you plan to travel.
• To give yourself enough time to prepare for your honeymoon, start shopping and packing about 1-2 weeks before your trip.
• Make sure to leave at least one day in-between your wedding day and your honeymoon trip. Most flights leave in the early morning, so you’ll want to give yourself enough time to get to the airport.
• Attention brides—if your passport is issued in your maiden name, make sure the information on your flight and hotel reservations matches your passport and any
other required travel documentation.
• Bring a copy of your marriage certificate. Many hotels require proof of marriage to take advantage of special amenities exclusive for honeymooning couples.
• This is a trip of a lifetime, so pamper yourself by flying first-class, upgrading your room to a suite, and by choosing a hotel that caters to honeymoon couples.
• Go for the all-inclusive honeymoon package. With your food, beverages, accommodations, and amenities taken care of, it’ll be one less thing on your mind.
Cheryl Jones, the owner and founder of Lez Go Travel, has been a travel counselor for more than 15 years. She has sent hundreds of clients on memorable honeymoons, destination weddings, and vacation experiences. She has traveled extensively to Aruba, St. Lucia, US Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Puerto Rico and numerous cities in the continental United States. She especially enjoys applying her skills and experience to arranging group travel, destination weddings, honeymoons, romance travel and cruises. Her attention to details allow her to generate complex itineraries, even in the most challenging of circumstances.
Cheryl has earned the Honeymoons and Destinations Weddings Lifestyle Specialist (LS) certification from The Travel Institute, and completed the Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Specialist Association (DWHSA) Destination Wedding Agents Workshop. Cheryl is a charter member of DWHSA, North America's largest travel agent group which focuses on destination weddings, honeymoons, and romance travel!