Preventing lead poisoning
By: Ashley Echevarria & Abigail Rojo
- Don't store food or beverages in crystal containers or reused metal cans that weren't made in the U.S.; both might contain some lead.
- Wipe and rinse toys with warm, soapy water often; wash pacifiers and bottles any time they fall on the floor
- A diet high in calcium and iron, and low in fat can help
- Make sure your child does not have access to peeling paint or chew able surfaces painted with lead-based paint.
- Keep children from playing in the bare soil