August 30, 2019
New Volunteer & Chaperone Policy (IMPORTANT)
- The school district is now requiring all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to undergo a background check PRIOR to being able to volunteer for school activities and participate in field trips. All volunteers must also have a signed confidentiality agreement on file.
- Fingerprints may be done at the Pointe Coupee Parish Detention Center or the Louisiana State Police. If you decide to have your prints done at the detention center, there will be a 2-3 week wait before your background check is returned. Visit the Pointe Coupee Parish School Board for forms if you plan to have your prints done at the detention center.
- Background checks are returned immediately with the Louisiana State Police. The Louisiana State Police headquarters is located at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA.
- Click here to download the full volunteer packet & State Police forms.
- We truly appreciate and value all of our volunteers! Please remember that these steps are being taken for the safety of your child(ren).
Sadie in the '80s
Tickets will be sold during lunch/recess on September 5th-6th only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Only students with pre-approved guests may purchase a guest ticket. Guest forms may be picked up in the office.
- Grades 6-8: 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Grades 9-12: 8:30 - 10:30 p.m.
Student Driver Parking Permits
Student IDs and Planners
The STEM dues include your child's ID, ID cover, lanyard, and student planner. Students who did not pay the dues will not receive a planner.
Payments can still be paid online or in person. Click here to pay online now.
We are still in the process of issuing student IDs. If your child took a photo on picture day, he/she will receive an ID by the end of next week. Students who were absent on photo day will take pictures on Wednesday, September 4.
Families are encouraged to register for the race. Students who participate in the race will be allowed to wear their race day shirt to school. Other incentives will be offered, as well.
Students may use the code "summersover" for a discount when registering.
Thank you for your support!
Junior Class Ring Orders
Students were issued ring packets earlier in the month. Rings options can also be viewed using the link below.
Student Progress Center
Directions for setting up your Student Progress Center account can be found here.