The transition metal with the atomic number 43!
10 Cool Facts About Technetium
2. All of these reports turned out to be different elements!
3. Astronomers have found technetium in stars!
4. Technetium is the ONLY element that is artificially produced!!!
5. Technetium is Greek for "artificial".
6. Technetium resembles platinum.
7. Thirty six known isotopes of technetium have been created.
8. In its powdered form, technetium will burn!
9. Tiny amounts of technetium are found on earth, and they're in uranium ores.
10. Technetium has the lowest atomic number of any radioactive element!
Technetium's mass number is 98!
One of the 2 Italian men who first discovered technetium. He started studying physics in 1927 and got his doctor's degree in 1928. He received a Nobel Prize in physics!
This is the element that Segre and Perrier discovered and studied.
Worked with Segre to discover technetium in 1937. He was an Italian mineralogist, and he researched technetium after discovering it with his colleague, Emilio Segre.