ACP MIDDLE SCHOOL SUMMER NEWSLETTER
2023-2024 SY - Edition Vol 1 Issue 4
* COMMUNITY * GROWTH * DEDICATION *
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Dear ACP Families,
I cannot to wait to see all of you on Monday at the Dawn of the Knights. This will be our final Summer Newsletter. Beginning Friday, 07/21/2023, we will be using Around the Realms weekly. I know some of you were frustrated with transportation (not getting assigned a bus or particular route). I am working with transportation department to see how we can alleviate the issue. Meanwhile, please utilize the carpool directory to the extent possible. Those of you that have reached out to me, please allow me some time to figure out how to resolve the issues - just to be on the safe side please make sure to have an alternate plan for the 1st three (July 19, July 20, July 21) days of school. The first three days of school (July 19, July 20, & July 21) will be regular bell schedule days. We will not follow block schedules until the full week of school - Week of July 24.
Action Items prior to the start of the school year:
- Be aware of Drop Off/Pick Up procedure - Please follow the Drop Off/Pick Procedures map exactly to ensure safety of our community
- Attend Dawn of the Knights on Monday, 07/17/2023 - see below for your exact times
- Complete Annual Update/Emergency and Health Update on Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Complete one to one device agreement on Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- We will host of 2023-2024 Field Day on Thursday, November 9, 2023 so that students can enjoy the festivities in cooler weather. Field Day includes morning sessions with guest speakers on topics including mindfulness, healthy habits, career and goal setting, and other topics based on students' feedback last year. The afternoon will include fun activities including outdoor games, food trucks, and inflatables. We are looking for parent volunteers to help plan the event, recruit guest speakers, and coordinate with outside vendors. To volunteer or explore being a guest speaker, please contact Melissa Stoloff at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Reddy at email@example.com.
- Looking for sponsorships for our eSports club. We have been trying to get this off the ground but need financial support to purchase switches for students. We are looking to raise about $5000-$10,000. If you know of a company or organization looking for these type of opportunities, please send them my way.
- Looking for a parent volunteer to serve on the superintendence advisory committee (meetings once a quarter) - if you are interested, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Copy room volunteers hasn't officially begun, however, if you would like to volunteer some time to help teachers with the copying needs before the start of the school year, please email me - looking for help on Tuesday, 07/18/2023
Manjula K Reddy
ACP Middle School
School Contact Information
First Bell for Period 1 rings at 7:45 am (gates close at 7:50 at tardy bell)
School Day Ends: 2:45 pm
Office Hours: 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
Library Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm (Note: we do NOT have afterschool care onsite)
1150 W Erie St, Chandler, AZ 85224
Front Office/Main Line: 480-883-5400
Attendance: 480-883-5403 (Messaging: 24 hours / 7 days a week)
Health Office: 480-883-5402
Find us on the web: www.cusd80.com/acpms
Follow us on Facebook: @ArizonaCollegePrepMS
Follow us on Twitter: @ACPMiddleSchool
Follow us on Instagram: @ACPMiddleSchool
Attached below for your reference is the student code of conduct.
Bell Schedule:Our bell schedule is attached below. Please print a copy and/or save the bell schedule for easy access. Students' lunch assignment will be listed on their student schedule. Student Schedules will be available for viewing on Infinite Campus on July 12, 2023 and available for pick up on July 17, 2023 at the Dawn of the Knights.
Reporting an Absence:
If your student is going to be absent or late for any reason, please contact our attendance line and leave a message (480) 883-5403. This line is available for leaving messages 24-hours a day/7-days a week. When leaving a message, please include your student’s name, grade level, the date of the absence and the reason for the absence.
It is imperative that students are in attendance daily and on time. Please refer to the 2023-2024 calendar when planning vacations and/or trips. Our students attend all 6 of their classes on Regular days (M, T, F) and 3 of their classes on Block days (W, Th). There are some exceptions. On odd block days, students attend periods 1, 3, 5 and on even block days, students attend periods 2, 4, 6. Please refer and/or print the attached Block Schedule calendar.
One to One Device Information
In 2023-2024, Chandler Unified School District is continuing with our 1:1 learning initiative. We are excited about the innovative personalized learning opportunities that we can offer to all students when we provide them with a reliable technology device.
To help parents and students learn more about this initiative, we have created our 1:1 Student Guide website, which you can find at https://1to1.gse.cusd80.com. There is a lot of information on this website, but we feel it is important to the success of this initiative to clearly communicate all of it to our parents and students. We encourage all of you to review this information with your child(ren) so you have a clear understanding of device expectations, maintenance, etc.
Devices will be distributed during the 2nd week of school. Before students can get their device, their parent must sign a device agreement form. Beginning July 5, this form can be completed electronically by visiting the Infinite Campus parent portal, and directions on how to do this can be found at https://1to1.gse.cusd80.com/cusd-11-device-agreement. Additional information on device distribution will be sent out at a later date.
If you are unable to sign electronically for any reason, the forms are provided for you below. You can scan the completed forms to Ms. Ferguson at email@example.com. Please ONLY use the forms if you are unable to complete it electronically.
Dawn of the Knights (Back to School Event)
Monday, July 17th, from 10:00am—4:00pm
- Student Schedule Distribution
- Student ID Card Picture
- Purchase ACP Swag from Booster Club
- Set up Lunch Accounts
- Gently used uniforms up for grabs
- Walk your schedule (classrooms are not open but you are welcome to walk your schedule)
Please follow the schedule below and report to the GYM upon arrival. If you are unable to arrive during your specified time slot, you may arrive earlier or later based on your need. Please park in the parking lot adjacent to the gym. We ask that you not arrive earlier than 10:00am.
A — Con10:00 am - 10:30am
Con - Gal 10:30 am - 11:00am
Coo — Hum 11:00 am - 11:30am
Hum - Kha 11:30 am - 12:00pm
Kha - Lyo 12:00 pm - 12:30pm
Lyo - Nel 12:30 pm - 1:00pm
Nel - Pru 1:00 pm - 1:30pm
Pru - Sau 1:30 pm - 2:00pm
Sau - Tho 2:00 pm - 2:30pm
Tho - Wod 2:30 pm - 3:00pm
Wod - Z 3:00 pm - 3:30pm
For those unable to attend Dawn of the Knights, student schedules can be accessed online through Infinite Campus. Student ID card make-ups will be on Thursday, July 20,2023 beginning at 7:00am.
The Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal allows students and parents to access schedules, grades, attendance, related class messages and also connects parents to the InTouch Fee Payment System where parents can pay fees for classes, clubs, athletics, field trip fees and more. For a quick snapshot to monitor student attendance and grades, download the portal mobile app. Note: Google Chrome is the recommended browser. Not all I.C. functions may be available when using devices that don't support Google Chrome as a browser.
Curriculum Knight (Meet the Teacher Event)
Thursday, July 27, 2023, from 5:00 pm. to 8:00 pm (5:00pm - 5:30pm Booster Club & StuCo presentation)
- Meet the Principal and hear from your Booster Club Executive Team
- Follow your student's schedule to meet with each teacher (Your student will bring home a copy of the schedule for the night - please bring it with you to the event)
Welcome Back Swim Party!
Sunday, August 13th from 6:00 to 8:00pm @ Hamilton HS Pool
Back to School Pool Party! Dive into some End of Summer Fun!
Please see the attached flyer below for more information.
The CUSD Transportation Department will provide stops for ACP students at the following locations again this year to those living within the CUSD boundaries. Please be aware that the process(highlighted below) for ACP students is different from those of the other schools because we are a fully open enrollment campus.
- Basha High School
- Basha Elem /Hamilton High
- Conley Elementary
- CTA - Liberty
- CTA - Goodman
- Galveston Elementary
- Knox Gifted Academy
- Perry High School
- San Marcos Elementary
- Santan Junior High
Bus Request process:
- Bus Transportation is NOT available to students that reside outside the CUSD boundaries. For those not approved or those that reside outside of CUSD boundaries, please take advantage of the carpool directory service.
- For students residing within CUSD boundaries, please submit a Transportation Request Form (this is different from the form on Infinite Campus). These requests should be submitted to transportation as soon as possible in June. Contact Info: Ph: 480-424-8600 email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already submitted one previously, you need not submit another.
- Bus transportation is NOT guaranteed. Seats are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. All students living within CUSD boundaries must have verified approval from transportation before riding the bus.
- Students will be required to scan their ID to ride the bus. Anyone not approved for a bus will not be allowed to ride the bus.
- Bus approvals will be available in Infinite Campus beginning July 10, 2023. Attached below is how to access this information on IC (Infinite Campus).
Arizona College Preparatory offers a carpool directory service to our families. Use of this directory is “Opt-In”, meaning, you have to sign up to participate and when you sign up, you are giving ACP-Middle School permission to let other registered parents see your contact information.
- Parent must be a registered user for the CUSD website to access information. It will take approx. 48 hours to update once you have registered.
- The Carpool Directory is viewable to other registered carpoolers. ALL registered carpoolers will have access to your name, address and any other contact information you choose to provide.
- Each campus will have its own carpool directory so please select the correct school for each student if you have children in multiple schools.
- The registration link for the carpool directory is also available on our school website under the “Parents” tab.
- Please be sure to enter ONLY PARENT information. Please do not include student phone numbers in this information database.
Required School Supplies
All students are required to wear an ACP uniform to school starting the first day of on-site school instruction - July 19, 2023. ACP shirts may only be purchased thru our contracted vendor Anton Uniforms. Uniform pants/shorts/capris may be purchased from other vendors (attached below a promotional sale from Land's end if you choose to use). Uniform bottoms must meet strict material guidelines as well as style and length requirements. Note: Students are not allowed to purchase their own polo shirts and have the insignia sewn on.
Anton Uniforms (M - F, 10:00am - 5:00pm & Saturdays - 10:00am - 2:00pm)
905 N. Scottsdale Rd
Tempe, AZ 85281
General Dress Code Guidelines: Monday - Thursday:
- Bottoms length MUST be knee length i.e., touch the knee
- Bottoms can be black, khaki, approved plaid or navy (no leggings)
- Outerwear must be purple, black, gray, navy or white & free of logos/designs unless the logo/design is ACP or College Themed
- ACP Polos must be purple, black, gray, or white purchased from Anton Uniforms and tucked in throughout the school day.
General Dress Code Guidelines: Friday:
- Bottoms length MUST be knee length i.e., touch the knee
- Bottoms can include blue denim
- Tops can be ACP polos, ACP T-Shirts or College Themed T Shirts
- ACP Polos must be purple, black, gray, or white purchased from Anton Uniforms and tucked in throughout the school day.
- All other guidelines remain the same
Used Uniform Exchange:
- Limited supply of used uniforms are available at our Dawn of the Knights event on Monday, July 17, 2023.
- Students enrolled in PE are required to wear an ACP approved PE uniform shirt and solid black or ACP athletic shorts.
- The PE uniform t-shirts will be sold and distributed during the 1st week of classes (1st sem - start of year; 2nd sem - January) through their PE class. Exact cash or check payable to ACP Middle School are accepted for payment.
- PE uniform shirt Is $10.00 per t-shirt. Limit of 2 PE shirts per student for immediate delivery and additional can purchased for later delivery.
- Parents may purchase solid black shorts from an outside vendor. ACP logo shorts can be purchased while supplies last. Note: PE uniforms from previous years will be allowed to be worn in PE class for the upcoming school year.
School Supply List:
Please see below the ACP Supply list for 2023-2024 school year.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
Please be aware that pick up and drop off will take a little longer the first couple weeks of the school year as parents are still planning out transportation, and no students will be staying after school for tutoring or extra curricular activities. So, please plan accordingly. Please review the map below for the procedures. Please do not deviate. It is also attached for your convenience.
- Please DO NOT have students cross streets for safety reasons. We will NOT allow any student to cross. They can only be dropped off/picked up from the designated areas as shown on the map.
- Please communicate ahead of time to your student where you will pick them up -traffic flow #1, traffic flow #2 or traffic flow #3 so there is no confusion on day one.
- Please DO NOT use your phone while waiting in the line to drop off or pick up
- Please DO NOT line up any earlier than 2:42pm during pick up again for safety reasons. If you arrive early, please make use of the parking lot until 2:42pm.
- During drop off, please allow students to use any points of entry (any of the open gates)as long as students have a side walk to walk into the building - you do not have to wait until reaching the main gates.
- Please pull up to the furthest point to pick up or drop off and not in the middle of the route
On behalf of Arizona College Preparatory, welcome to our community of scholars and athletes. Students at ACP are expected to rise to a higher standard in all their pursuits, and our athletic programs provide a critical opportunity for them to do so.
Through athletics, our kids learn the value of healthy competition, teamwork, and pushing beyond their perceived limitations. While it will not always be comfortable, we strive to ensure it will always be valuable in preparing our students to meet challenges head-on. As such, our coaches are committed to ensuring athletes learn the key tenets of athletics while fostering safe and supportive environments. Our coaches are committed to teaching our kids how to work towards a common goal, how to lead and when to follow, and the value of continuous growth as an individual and community.
Please review below a letter (also on the website) that walks you through the process for Sports at ACP Middle School!
All 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students are encouraged to try out for Athletics!
ACP-Middle School is one of only two schools that has 6th Graders trying out for their 7th Grade teams!
First Quarter Sports include:
7th Grade Baseball
8th Grade Baseball
7th Grade Girls' Volleyball
8th Grade Girls' Volleyball
Please visit our website for:
- Overview of quarter sports offerings
- Tryout dates
- Coaching information
- The link to Aktivate (formerly Register My Athlete)
- AIA required documentation
Registration process for Athletics:
- Complete the online athletic packet/sports physical clearance process (you only have to complete it once for athletic participation throughout the year) here.
- Registration must be done prior to the first day of tryouts.
- The sports physical and required athletic clearance documentation for 1st quarter MUST be completed online by July 21, 2023 to be cleared for tryouts
- Please Note: Students will NOT be able to participate or try out until the online registration/sports physical requirements have been submitted and approved (no exceptions).
Annual Sports Physicals
Get your sports physical completed over the summer for the 2023-2024 school year! Premier Health Family Practice is offering Free Sports Physicals on selected dates. Schedule your appointment now.
JUNE 26, 2023 & JULY 13, 2023
To schedule an appointment call (480) 306-5650 or Text (520) 503-4500
Parent or Guardian must be present.
Premier Health, Family Practice
22717 S. Ellsworth Rd
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Students must pay a $25 athletic fee for each sport in which they participate. The fee is paid through InTouch in the Infinite Campus portal and due once a student's roster position is confirmed; the AZ State Tax Credit may be applied to the fee. Students will not receive their uniform until their athletic fee is paid.
If your family needs financial assistance, please contact Fred DePrez Jr at email@example.com
A schedule that is incomplete (i.e., less than six courses listed)
- A course is listed twice
- A course listed on your schedule was taken in summer school
- A course is listed on your schedule for which you passed the challenge test
- A failure in a previous course that necessitates repeating
A schedule change request will not be accepted for a teacher change, period change, lunch change, or a request to be in the same class as a friend.
Special Events & Holidays
It is imperative that students are in attendance to school daily and on time. We know that with COVID abating, families are traveling again. Listed below are some important dates and holidays so you can plan your outings accordingly.
- First Day of School - July 19, 2023 - First Bell at 7:45 am
- Curriculum Night/ Meet the Teacher - July 27
- Back to School Swim Party at HHS - August 13th 6:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Early Release - Parent Teacher Conferences - Aug. 17, 2023 - Dismissal @ 11:51 am
- Holiday / Labor Day - Sept. 4, 2023 - No School
- Last Day of Quarter 1 - Sept. 29, 2023 - Q1 Grades Posted
- Fall Break - October 2, 2023 - Oct. 16, 2023 - Students return Oct. 17, 2023
- StuCo Costume Dance - Oct. 27, 2023 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Field Day - Nov. 9, 2023
- Holiday / Veterans Day - Nov. 10, 2023
- Holiday / Thanksgiving - Nov. 22, 2023 - 24, 2023
- Semester 1 Finals - Dec. 20, 2023/Dec. 21, 2023 - Dismissal @ 12:30 pm - No Finals May Be Taken Early - Required Attendance - 20% of Grade
- Winter Break - Dec. 22, 2023 - Jan. 8, 2024 - Students Return Jan. 9, 2023
- Holiday / Martin Luther King Jr Day - Jan. 15, 2024
- Early Release - Parent Teacher Conferences - Feb. 8, 2024 - Dismissal @ 11:51 am
- 6th Grade Parent / Child Dance - Feb. 23, 2024 - 6 pm - 8 pm
- Holiday / President's Day - Feb. 19, 2024
- Last Day of Quarter 3 - March 8, 2024 - Q3 Grades Posted
- Spring Break - March 11, 2024 - 25, 2024 - Students Return March 26, 2024
- Holiday / Spring Holiday - March 29, 2024
- AASA Testing - April 1, 2024 - April 5, 2024 - Required Attendance - Please do not schedule any appointments
- Knight of the Arts - May 8, 2024 - Student Arts Display - Music Groups Perform
- 8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance - May 10, 2024 - 6:00pm - 8:30 pm
- 8th Grade Awards Ceremony - May 15, 2024 - 6:00pm
- Semester 2 Finals - May 22, 2024 / May 23, 2024 -Dismissal @ 12:30 pm - No Finals May Be Taken Early - Required Attendance - 20% of Grade
- Summer Break - Starts May 24, 2024 - Students Return in July
Please note: The school event dates are tentative dates and are subject to change if needed.
SCHOOL PICTURE DATES - MARK YOUR CALENDARS SO YOU DON'T MISS OUT
- ID Card Pictures - Dawn of the Knights - July 17, 2023 (Make Up ID Pictures - July 20, 2023 @7:00am - 8:00am)
- Yearbook Pictures in Uniforms - August 8, 2023
- Yearbook Picture Retakes - October 24, 2023
- Club/Group Pictures - December 8, 2023
- Spring Pictures - Free Dress - February 9, 2024
- 8th Grade Panoramic Pictures - March 8, 2024
Booster Club Officers
Kristi Glassmeyer & Carrie Chung - Co-Presidents
Shona Cerami - Vice President
Tricia Kulaski - Treasurer
TBD - Secretary
Connect with Us!
Stay informed with events sponsored by ACP Middle School Boosters
- Join our Facebook page for updates and specifics of our events (ACP Middle School Booster Club - https://www.facebook.com/ACPMSBoosterClub
- Follow us on Instagram (ACPM Booster)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACP Middle School Booster Club supports events for the students and staff at ACP Middle School throughout the year.
- We still have open positions on our executive board (Co-Vice President, Secretary, Co-Secretary, & Co-Treasurer).
- Want to help in another way - be part of a committee, help with an event or something else (copy room), let us know!
- Email us at email@example.com with what position you are interested in or how you would like to be involved.
- Volunteer in-person or from the comfort of your home
2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR EVENTS
Fundraising at the Chandler Mall through School Cents:
Any purchase you make at the Chandler Mall earns us money.
- Runs July 1, 2023 thru March 31, 2024.
- Drop off your receipt in the box by the elevator in the mall
- If there is no box, hold on to your receipts
- Look for updates on our Facebook page
Dawn of the Knights (Monday, July 17th from 10:00am to 4:00pm):
We can’t wait to meet everyone at Dawn of the Knights on July 17, 2023.
- Purchase school swag
- Sign up to volunteer
- Get event information
Cool Raffle Prizes
- Donate one unopened school supply and get one raffle ticket
- Bring a backpack full of unopened supplies and get 20 raffle tickets
- Bring some extra cash for some dessert to keep you cool
Booster Bash! (Tuesday, July 25, 2023):
Come out and join us for our kickoff celebration! Come meet other ACP Middle School Parents and Guardians. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Door prizes
- Present the upcoming year’s budget
- Vote in our new executive board
- Discuss upcoming opportunities for being involved
- Join our Facebook page for updates (ACP Middle School Booster Club - https://www.facebook.com/ACPMSBoosterClub)
The help and support of our ACP parent volunteers are an important part of your child’s experience here at school. We are currently looking for individuals willing to assist in the following ways:
- We are looking for members to hold office positions with the Booster Club, please send us your interest via email
- Volunteer through signup genius to help make photo copies for teachers throughout the year
- Volunteer with Booster Club sponsored events and school dances
I host monthly-ish parent Q & A sessions or roundtables where we collaborate on a number of topics. I host these meetings virtually for your convenience. Hope to 'see' everyone at these meetings. See below for dates and times:
YEARBOOK SALES BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - JOSTENS
Early is good! Get ahead-of-the-game and check "order yearbook" off your list. In order for a student to get a yearbook the last week of school, parents/students must order on-line.
Online orders will start in August.
Cost: For those that preorder early, the cost of the yearbook will start at $42.00 for a limited time. (Payment Plan Avail.)
When: Yearbooks will go on sale August 2nd through December 31st through Jostens website.
How: Students/Parents can go online to www.jostensyearbooks.com
to order a yearbook. Be sure to maintain a copy of your emailed receipt as proof of purchase. Order now to ensure that your student receives a yearbook. Families may pay with a debit or credit card by going online to Jostens’ and selecting Arizona College Prep—MIDDLE SCHOOL.
Delivery: Yearbooks will be distributed the last week of school ONLY to those students who pre-ordered their book.
Order your yearbook early for the best deals!
Please Make a Tax Credit Donation TO ACP MIDDLE SCHOOL
Arizona tax law allows individual taxpayers to claim a nonrefundable tax credit for making contributions or paying fees directly to a public school in AZ for support of eligible activities and programs.
All extracurricular activity fees for students are now paid online thru the InTouch Fee Payment System accessible through the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus.
Student fees for the 2023-2024 school year will begin being posted in August.
Fees for music, clubs, sports, and field trip fees, etc. are assigned separately throughout the school year.
At the junior high level, the school office is unable to reallocate / redirect funds without parent and district approval. Be sure to select the specific fee for the activity where you want your payment applied. Sports fees are assigned quarterly and club fees are assigned once established.
When paying fees online (band/ orchestra, club or athletics fees, etc.), please consider making an additional contribution to our general fund in December to reach the maximum credit allowable.
Once you have paid all outstanding fees for ACP Middle School or if you have a family member that resides in AZ, please consider making an additional tax credit contribution to ACP's general fund before December 31st. If you are able to make your tax contributions prior to the end of the calendar year, your donation would be greatly appreciated. It will help give us a jump start on some of our essential extracurricular activities. We have set a goal to collect approximately $50,000.00 this school year and hope that you will be willing to help us meet our goal. Thank you for supporting your child and ACP Middle School!
Tax Credit Basics…
A tax credit donation is a full refund, not a deduction. Contributions eligible for a tax credit are donated directly to schools, not to the state or school district. To participate or learn more, follow the link listed below to donate online or you can complete the enclosed form and submit your contribution at your convenience.
Arizona Law ARS 43-1089.01 enables taxpayers a tax credit contribution of up to $400.00 per year if filing status is “Married, filing Joint Return;” $200.00 per calendar year if filing status is “Single of Head of Household;” and $200 per calendar year if filing status is “Married filing separate returns.” These contributions fund extracurricular activities in public schools and greatly impact our school community and our students.