September 2, 2016
Congrats!!! We finished our first week of kindergarten!!!
For those parents who said they preferred email of newsletters I sent this out via email. I am sending a hard copy too just for today. Thursday's class will receive a hard copy of this on Tuesday next week. If you don't get this in your email inbox and wanted email notifications, please let me know so I can make changes to your email. Next week I will only print copies for parents who I do not have an email for.
- We have two snacks each day, so please make sure you send your child with a healthy snack for the morning and one for the afternoon. Please remember that these snacks should be healthy, so stay away from cookies, chips and candy. I also ask that you avoid spill-able snacks such as fruit cups or yogurt. Some ideas for a quick and easy snack are granola bars, crackers, cut up and ready to eat veggies or fruit, fruit snacks, dry cereal, pretzels, dried fruit, etc. Please no juice boxes. We also have a water bubbler in our room, so no need to send in water bottles. Thanks!!
- Please remember to send tennis shoes with your child on Phy. Ed. days. See the schedule below.
- Thank you so much for sending your child's school supplies! If you were missing any items feel free to send them in when you can.
- Our classroom has it's own website. Feel free to check it out. Throughout the year I will put pictures of your child, links to the newsletter, information about our classroom and other important items. If you have questions please let me know. Click here for the website!
- I have also created a Facebook page that will be private just for our families in the classroom. You are welcome to search it and request to be friends with our class room. It is under Schmidt Kindergarten Classroom. If a grandparent or aunt/uncle would like to request access they should notify you so you can let me know. I will not accept anyone that I don't know is family to a particular student in our room. I will try to post pictures and updates from our classroom as often as I can.
From time to time I may ask for donations for our classroom. At this time I am looking for parents to send in a box of crackers so that if children forget their snack they will have something to eat. I am also looking for hand sanitizer and a clorox wipes. This allows your child to wash their hands quickly after blowing noses or sneezing and for me to clean up and disinfect our classroom as needed throughout the day. Thanks!
In case you forgot here is our schedule for specials.
- Physical Education (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)...feel free to leave a pair of tennis shoes at school.
- Music (Wednesday and Friday)
- Art (Thursday)
- Library (Tuesday)
- Lunch is from 11:00-11:45