Cartersville Elementary School
Monthly Newsletter, August 2022
Welcome Back to the 2022-2023 School Year!
Cartersville Elementary School is off to a fantastic start! We intend to send a monthly newsletter near the beginning of each month with information and dates specific to the happenings of CES. Our teachers will also communicate specific classroom information with you, as needed. We appreciate your support to help make this a wonderful school year!
Important Upcoming Dates:
08/22 – Beginning of Year MAP Assessment window opens
08/22 - Tech Club assessment window opens
08/27 – Backpack Buddies 5k (see below for more information of how you can help and be involved!)
08/27 – Chorus auditions
09/05 – Labor Day
09/06 – Purple Rain meeting
09/12 – Tech Club meeting
09/13 – first PTC meeting at 5:15 in the CES Cafeteria
09/22 – Fall pictures
· Our school day is from 7:30-2:30.
· Please remember to send in a written and signed note for all transportation changes.
· All visitors must come through the main office and bring a photo ID to sign in.
School Governance Council Opportunity:
PTC (Parent Teacher Cooperative):
Capturing Kids Heart Word of the Month for August/September – Empathy:
After School Clubs
- Tech Club - The window to take the assessment for tech club will open August 22nd. Students in 4th and 5th grades will have four days to take the assessment during their own time at school - early arrival, recess, etc. Student participation will be limited due to space. Tech Club sponsors will notify students/parents on Monday August 29th to get permission slips signed for their approval to participate. Tech Club meets select Mondays until 4:00.
- Purple Rain - (our new chorus group!) - see information below for specific audition information.
- Sports Stacking - Sport Stacking Club will begin Monday, September 19th. It will be open to all grade levels. Information will be available on the school website soon. Students must have a permission form on file with Coach Hynes to be able to stay. There is no cost to be in the club, but all members will need to have a set of sport stacking cups, timing mat, and transportation home . We will have a school order that helps support the program. If you need to purchase equipment, please wait for the school order. Thanks for your interest in the Sport Stacking Club!
- Art Club - Art Club will begin after Labor Day! Information will come soon!
Purple Rain - after-school chorus group
- Purple Rain Singers Auditions are Saturday, August 27th from 9am to 12pm (open to current 4th and 5th grade students)
- 5th Graders who were in the chorus last year MUST re-audition
- The audition sign-up link can be found on the CES Purple Rain Singers Page https://www.cartersvilleschools.org/Page/5512
- Rehearsals will be every Tuesday until 4pm and will begin on September 6th.
Backpack Buddies 5k: