Digital Teaching and Learning
September 9, 2020
Instructional Technology Office Hours
Office hours will be held this Tuesday through Friday from 2:30 to 8:00 p.m. for teacher technology support. Access the full schedule and Teams link on the Professional Development Calendar.
Family Technology Support
HCPS Together Resources
- How-To Access Virtual Instruction on a Chromebook
- How-To Access Virtual Instruction on a Windows Device
- How-To Grade 6 Office 365 Registration: Guidelines for Grade 6 Students
- How-To Utilize Your High School Device
- How-To Utilize Your Elementary/Middle School Device - Chromebook
- How-To Utilize Your Elementary/Middle School Device - Windows Device
- How-To HCPS Technology Access - Elementary at Home - Personal Device
- How-To HCPS Technology Access - Secondary at Home - Personal Device
- How-To Get Started with Virtual Learning
- How-To Receive Technical Support
Sharing Audio in Teams
When you share something from Teams that has audio you need students to hear (like a video), be sure to select include computer sound.
Chat Function in Teams Not Visible For Some Students
The chat feature is a known problem with Microsoft. Many users are seeing the chat icon disappear and reappear. It seems to correct itself. A ticket has been submitted with Microsoft.
Breakout Rooms in Teams is NOT an HCPS Digital Teaching and Learning essential skill for the start of the school year. Microsoft has provided a new experience option for teachers to practice in the beta version, which means it is an early release that has had many inconsistencies. Guidance for using Breakout Rooms in Teams will be provided in the coming weeks.
It is not recommended that students use iPhones, Android phones or tablets, or Kindles, due to the limitations of the Chrome browser from these devices. iPads should only be used when the iOS is at least 10.0 to access the Microsoft Teams app and when the Chrome browser is available to access itslearning. Some features may be limited on an iPad. If emojis need to be used in Teams, this must be installed on the device keyboard.
itslearning Assignment Prompting Students to Download
Teachers should create Assignment using the “digital passout” option. This will open the word document in a new tab and eliminate the need for students to save and upload a file. See the beginning of this support video for more details.