2020-2021 April 24, 2021
From The Principal
My heart is overflowing with your generosity during our Collins Coin Drive for Senior Scholarships. You can find the amazing total below. Also, thank you for your donations towards our staff lunch on the final day of Teacher/Staff Appreciation week (May 3rd - May 7th). I appreciate how much you make the Collins staff feel loved. I hope our work shows our love and dedication to the children and your families.
- Colossal Cobra Celebration 5th - During Lunch
Tuesday, April 27th
- Colossal Cobra Celebration 6th - During Lunch
Wednesday, April 28th
- Colossal Cobra Celebration Virtual Students - Zoom
- Progress Report Email Reminder Sent Home - Check Parent Access Center for progress report grades
Teacher Appreciation Week May 3rd - May 7th
Wednesday, May 5th
- Spring Orchestra Concert - 6:00 and 7:30 PM College Park High School
Thursday, May 6th
- School Nurse Appreciation
- Collins Chorale Concert 6:00 PM College Park High School
Monday, May 10th
- PTO Zoom Meeting 1:15 pm
Tuesday, May 11th
- STAAR Testing 5th/6th Math
Wednesday, May 12th
- STAAR Testing 5th/6th Reading
Thursday, May 13th
- STAAR Testing 5th Science
- Spring Band Concert - 5th Grade - 6:00 and 7:00 PM McCullough Jr. High School
Friday, May 14th
- STAAR Testing - Make-Up Test Day
Monday, May 17th
- 5th Grade Remote Learners STAAR Testing Math
- 5th Grade Remote Learners STAAR Testing Reading
- 6th Science Benchmark
- 5th Grade Colossal Cobra Awards @ Lunch
- Spring Band Concert - 6th Grade - 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM College Park High School
Wednesday, May 19th
- 5th Grade Remote Learners STAAR Testing Science
- 5th Social Studies District Assessment #4
- 6th Grade Colossal Cobra Awards @ Lunch
Thursday, May 20th
- Virtual Colossal Cobra Awards via Zoom
- 6th Grade Remote Learners STAAR Testing Math
- 6th Social Studies District Assessment #4
Friday, May 21st
- 6th Grade Remote Learners STAAR Testing Reading
Monday, May 24th
- College Park High School Graduation 7:30 PM
Tuesday, May 25th
- Inside/Outside Field Day (Schedule finalized soon!)
Wednesday, May 26th
- Student 1/2 Day
Teacher Staff Appreciation Week 2021
We are also thankful for your kind donations towards a special lunch on Friday, May 7th for the Collins Staff.
Lights, Camera, Appreciation!
Coin Drive - Scholarship Fundraiser Update
Through the kindness and generosity of our Collins students and families we have raised an estimated $7,500 for the Donald R. Collins Senior Scholarship through our Coin Collection this past week. For the past six years we have awarded four former Collins Cobras a $1000 scholarship. This year we will award SEVEN $1000 scholarships. The words "Thank You" are not nearly enough to express our appreciation.
A very special thank you to the Katta Foundation for their $1000.00 donation to the Donald R. Collins Senior Scholarship.
CISD Vocal Solo Contest
Collins Chorale students participate in CISD Intermediate Solo and Ensemble Competition April 17th. The following students earned a First Division Rating for excellence in singing a solo
Victoria Mirabetty Vanci
STAAR 2021 Testing Dates
Tuesday, May 11th 5th and 6th Math
Wednesday, May 12th 5th and 6th Reading
Thursday, May 13th 6th Science and 6th Make Up Testing
Friday, May 14th 5th and 6th Make Up Testing
Monday, May 17th 5th Math
Tuesday, May 18th 5th Reading
Wednesday, May 19th 5th Science
Thursday, May 20th 6th Math
Friday, May 21st 6th Reading
Nurse Kendall Updates:
Letters went out this week for any student who still needs his/her Meningitis and Tetanus booster for 7th grade. Please check your child’s backpack. If you take your child before the end of this school year, please send the record to me and I’ll enter the information. If you wait until summer, you will need to send the record to the Knox JH nurse. The content of the letter states the following:
This letter is to inform you of the most current immunization regulations required by the Texas Department of State Health Services. These requirements must be met prior to the beginning of the next school year. In review of your child’s immunization records, it has been determined that the vaccination(s) listed below are needed to satisfy the
requirement. Please make an appointment for your child to receive the vaccination(s) from your healthcare provider.
Provide the written documentation to the school nurse prior to the beginning of the next school year. If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. A complete list of vaccination
requirements and resources is located on the district web site at http://www.conroeisd.net/department/health-services/.
Nell Kendall, MSN, RN
Look for help in discussing cyberbullying with your student on the Common Sense Media website. You can find age specific information by clicking on this link: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/cyberbullying
Office 365 Available for FREE to CISD Staff and Students
Each CISD staff member or student has five FREE copies available for their use on various devices.
Staff and students can manage their own licenses in your account. It is possible to deauthorize copies on devices you no longer use.
The last day for students to check out books is May 10. All library books will be due on May 14.
If you need to pay for a lost book, understand:
1. Unpaid for books that have been lost will stay on your student’s account as long as they are in Conroe ISD, even if they change buildings.
2.Once a book is paid for, it is yours to keep if found at a later date. It is removed from our system once a student has paid for it.
3. You can pay with a check made out to the school the book was checked out at, or, if a book is overdue by 3 months or more, it can be paid online through the school cash online. If you choose to pay online, a handling fee will be added to the amount.
4. We would much rather have the book back than have you pay for it, so please do a good search of family places including under the bed, on the book shelf, in the closet, etc.
Students will be able to pay online for Collins books only. Books from other campuses will need to be paid by check made payable to the campus the books came from. Questions about books from other campuses can be directed to that campus's librarian. I am unable to update or clarify that information.
Students can check their library account anytime by logging into Destiny Discover from the SSO. Just click on the 3 lines on the left side of the page to log in and look it up.
Sora online ebooks will be available all summer long! If your student is moving campuses, they will need to reassign to their new school once they are enrolled. Do this by right clicking on the sora app in the sso. Then manage credentials. Enter their log in info and choose their new campus.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.