For the parents and patrons of the Fulton School District
December 17, 2015
Repeated Note on the Bomb Threat
As many of you are aware, there was a bomb threat called into KMIZ-TV this morning regarding Fulton High School. The call was made by a patron who saw multiple police cars at FHS this morning. FPS had increased security this morning as a result of the incident last week where December 17 was mentioned as a possible date for a bomb at FHS. KMIZ will be reporting their error. The important piece is that everyone is and was safe the entire time.
As soon as we received the information, all students and staff were evacuated. The evacuation site was deemed safe by the Fulton Police Department. Authorities then made a thorough sweep of Fulton High School to make sure it was safe for students and staff to return.
Dr. Jacque Cowherd said, "The students and staff at Fulton High School were phenomenal in their execution of our emergency procedures. The building was evacuated quickly and flawlessly. Assistant Principal, Kati Boland, was wonderful in this situation."
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 573-590-8000.
A message from the Superintendent
Dear Families and Patrons,
About one-half of the school year is complete. To date, it has been a good year with positive academics and activities! As you read this, our Winter Break will be starting soon and I suspect your student(s) will be happy to be home the next two weeks.
So, how does a parent combat alleged boredom once the holiday enthusiasm wanes? Perhaps you have your own unique strategies to entertain or focus your student; however, you might refer to the Focus, September 4, 2015 for a reference to the MOPARENT web site and activities, http://moparent.com/flipped-powerful-questions-to-ask-your-child or my Focus message on November 20 with a few ideas on how to help your student, or perhaps simply use the library for a good book.
We trust you will have a good holiday with your family and we are looking forward to a great Spring Semester beginning Monday, January 4, 2016.
Thank you for sending great kids for us to work with!
On behalf of the Fulton Board of Education and Administration, Happy Holidays!
Jacque A. Cowherd, Ed.D.
Please Update Important Information
Please take time to access your Parent Portal and update any information that has changed. FPS will use the email address and phone numbers that are in the system for any communication regarding school cancelations due to inclement weather as well as other important information that needs to be shared. If FPS doesn't have the correct information in the system, you may not receive important emails, calls, and/or text messages.
If you need assistance accessing your Parent Portal, please call the building of attendance or 590-8000. Thank you for taking the time to tend to this important matter!
As always, the Fulton Public Schools Transportation Department has been working hard to get the information regarding snow routes ready to go prior to the first snow event. You can access the snow route information from our website at http://www.fulton58.org/vnews/display.v/ART/51c310d9c8f7c
Here are some additional points on snow routes as we approach the winter season:
- Snow routes will be implemented once the main roads are deemed impassable.
- Snow routes may be needed due to significant accumulation where crews are unable to clear bus turn-arounds, cul-de-sacs, and other treacherous areas.
- Buses may be as much as 15 minutes early or late to any bus stop. Please dress students appropriately for the weather in preparation for longer than normal wait times.
- When snow routes are running, they will run for both AM and PM routes.
- You will receive a call and/or text from FPS regarding school cancelation or the running of snow routes. This information will also be posted on the website at www.fulton58.org, and on the FPS Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-Public-Schools-298183414812/ and recorded on the school information line--573-590-8014.
- Please log into your Parent Portal if you need to update your email address or phone number to ensure you receive important information from Fulton Public Schools.
As always, if you have questions please call the Transportation office at 573-590-8020 or Central Office at 573-590-8000.
Tuesday, December 15-Holiday Band Concert 7 p.m. Roger D. Davis Gymnasium, FHS
Friday, December 18-No School (Teacher Professional Development)
Monday, December 21-Friday, January 1-No School Winter Break
Monday, January 4-Classes Resume
Wednesday, January 13-Board of Education Meeting 7 p.m. FHS Library
Friday, January 15-No School (Teacher Professional Development)
Monday, January 18-No School Martin Luther King, Jr. Day