January 4 - 8
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statements
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
Important SBE Events to Remember:
- 1/4 Celebrate the 80th day of school by dressing in your best '80s attire
- 1/5 KAB Club Meeting
- 1/8 SBE Geography Bee
- 1/11 Sixth Grade IB Presentation
- 1/12 Homeroom Parent Mtg.
- 1/13 Student Birthday Celebration
- 1/15 End of 3rd Six Weeks
- 1/15 Noon Dismissal for students
- 1/15 Teacher Workday in the PM
- 1/18 District PD day
- 1/21 Suzuki Strings Field Trip
- 1/21 Corral Café - 4th Grade
- 1/21 PTA/Writing Family Night
- 1/22 Popcorn/Coke and Hat Day
- 1/22 Report Cards go Home
- 1/26 Fifth Grade Field Trip to Amon Carter Museum
- 1/28 Staff Birthday Lunch Celebration
- 1/28 Officer Lindsey Bullying Presentation to 6th Grade
- 1/28 1st and 2nd Grade Parent Night
- 1/29 Marylou out for CTA Exchange Day
- 1/29 Spring Picture Day/Group Pictures/TOY Picture
- 1/6 Clarence to AP Mtg.
- 1/7 Team Leader Mtg.
- 1/12 Ande to Nurses Mtg.
- 1/13 Shannon to Principals Mtg.
- 1/14 Staff Mtg.
- 1/14 Campus Improvement Committee Leadership Mtg. (not required for everyone)
- 1/18 Denise & Stephanie to off-campus Mtg.
- 1/21 Goal Team Mtg.
- 1/26 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 1/27 Shannon to Instructional Principals Mtg.
- 1/28 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 1/28 Staff Mtg.
Testing at a Glance:
- 12/17 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 12/17 Writing DBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 4
- 1/12 Math CBA 2 Grade 2
- 1/12 Reading CBA 2 Grades 3 and 6
- 1/12 Science CBA 2 Grade 4
- 1/12 Science CBA 3 Grade 5
- 1/14 Social Studies CBA 1 Grade 6
- 1/20 Math CBA 3 Grades 3, 4 & 6
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk; Grade 3
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 6
- 1/20 Math CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 2
- 1/21 Science CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 1/21 Science CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 4
- 1/25 Social Studies CBA 1Data Talk: Grade 6
Kudos to. . .
- PTA for the fantastic treats on Wednesday!
- 5th grade team and company for the wonderful luncheon last Thursday!
- Tobin Hodges for making the map for Santa's arrival (submitted by Anonymous)
- Mary Margaret for volunteering AND helping 1st Grade with our holiday party.
- Lydia Gagliardi for recruiting help from her mother-in-law and friend.
- Kirsten Smith for providing Christmas tree snacks for 1st Grade.
- Rachel Metcalf for making sure 1st Grade had everything we needed for our students.
- Bea Cochran for providing nutritious snacks!
(submitted by 1st Grade Team)
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
News you need to know!
Early Leave - If you need to leave before 3:45, please make sure to talk to Mrs. Gauntt and use the Positive Proof system to sign out.
SBE Facebook posts - If you have pictures that you would like for us to post on our SBE Facebook page, please send them to Mrs. Gauntt and Mr. Hodges (make sure there are no FERPA No students in the picture) with a few words about what you are doing and we'll get it posted.
Holiday Decorations - Please make sure that all holiday decorations are taken down and put away before you leave for Winter Break. Please be especially diligent about any food or drink items so that critters don't come visit us over the break.
Classroom Websites - Make sure that your classroom websites are updated before you leave for the break.
Refrigerator - The refrigerator will be cleaned out over the break, so please make sure that you take anything with you that you want to keep. :)
Set-up for presentations/performances - If you are going to need a microphone, projector or speaker for a performance please email Marylou and Bea at least one week prior to the event. This will allow them to schedule that setup time into their day.
Rest - "How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward." - Proverb
You all have worked so hard this year. Please take some time for you and to just rest and relax. To say that you have earned it is an understatement. I will see you on January 4th!