to Promote Content Learning Using WeVideo - Fall 2019
Fall 2019 Online/Blended Course September 16, 2019- December 9, 2019
Meaningful, inquiry-based opportunities serve as the foundation for learning in our District. Learners in Weld RE-4 School District are empowered to choose how they engage in their education, with options in methods, tools, and ways of demonstrating learning based on preference and need. Learners that have access to a video production tool like WeVideo are able to express their learning, communication, and thinking via creative expression.
Educators who use the questions, prompts and inspiration from the WeVideo "4 C's of Planning for Creativity" in this professional learning opportunity, will help their students more effectively design, plan, and storyboard options as they make their learning visible through video creation.
Educator Account Management
The educator will sets up and personalize a WeVideo education account.
Account Management Examples:
- Educator navigates dashboard and creates groups for their classes.
- Educator imports and shares media and assigns collaborative projects.
- Educator experiences basic video editing in Storyboard and Timeline modes.
The educator will design lesson(s) that give students the opportunity to capture, create, view and share their ideas through video while simultaneously encouraging students to share their discoveries and demonstrate learning as they develop collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity skills.
Lesson Design Examples:
- Learners explore the WeVideo "4C's of Planning for Creativity" while planning and implementing a lesson, unit, or project.
- In a shift from the technical to the creative side of editing, the learner hones in on the storytelling process, from script and storyboard to delivering a finished piece.
- Learners touch on topics of the storytelling process such as character archetypes and continuity, and highlights the importance of narrative structure by examining story formats popular in many classrooms: personal narratives, public service announcements, book reports, explainer videos, and others.
- A variety of lessons and ideas are explored in the process of designing lessons that can include creativity, authenticity, communication, growth, voice, complex thinking and deeper learning.