RA Long HS Weekly Newsletter
May 15, 2022
Quote of the week............
" Be somebody that makes someone feel like somebody."
School Year is Winding Down !!
SENIORS: ALL Graduation Requirements MUST be met by 12pm on Wednesday, June 8th, in order to participate in graduation ceremonies. There will be NO exceptions. You must finish the journey!!
*If you do not complete necessary requirements by June 8, you can continue to work toward your diploma during Summer School and will receive it upon completion.
UNDERCLASSMEN: Work hard to finish all your needed credits. There will be 8 days of Summer School opportunity for you to continue to earn credit for second semester if needed. Your teachers will inform you of this opportunity through invitation and share the expectations of Summer School in the coming weeks.
Culture and Climate Spring Survey.. Click link below. We would appreciate your feedback.
Change in Format for Graduation Class of 2022.....Back to Traditional !
RA Long High School Students and Families,
There has been a great deal of feedback on our proposed graduation format. After reviewing those concerns/requests from both parents and students, we have decided to return to the “traditional” format starting at 10am that will include:
- Pomp and Circumstance (student walking the track to their ceremonial seats)
- Senior Choir
- Superintendent’s Comments
- Board Member’s Words for Seniors
- Traditional Speeches(Looking Back, Looking Forward, and Principal’s remarks)
- Reading of each Seniors name and receiving the diploma
- The presentation of the Class of 2022 and changing of the tassel.
We will also stage the front on the school for additional photo opportunities and you can come at your leisure following the ceremony between 11:30-2:00. Our school makes a beautiful backdrop for photos to celebrate with your graduate.
All the best,
R Reeves, Principal, RA Long High School.
LAST Saturday School Opportunity
- May 21 from 9-11am
If you need a place to work, get support from a teacher, etc., we will be here from 9am-11am at RA Long High School.
It is time to buckle down and earn those credits.
Masks are OPTIONAL
- Masks started being OPTIONAL on Monday, March 14.
- All other protocols will remain in place.
- * Social distancing in classrooms as needed
- *One way hallways
- * Two students in restrooms at a time
- COVID Testing is available to any student during the school day.
- If you have symptoms, please stay home and get well. Call the office to excuse absences due to illness..
WITH THE OPTION TO REMOVE MASKS, WE WANT TO BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH INDIVIDUALS CHOICE TO MASK OR NOT MASK. RA LONG IS A WONDERFUL PLACE FOR STUDENTS TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES AND GROW. WE WANT THIS TRANSITION TO BE SEAMLESS AND HAVE UNDERSTANDING TOWARD EVERY INDIVIDUAL IN OUR SCHOOL. BE YOUR VERY BEST WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE BUILDING.
Dress Code for RA Long High School Students
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- Masks must be worn at ALL times in the the building/classrooms.
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas or slippers
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
Need Community Service Points?
2021-22 School Calendar
Memorial Day NO SCHOOL…………………………..May 30
Graduation Ceremonies……..…..………..…..…..…June 11
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL...................................June 15 (pending snow makeup days)
Student Needing a COVID Test?
2021-22 Bell Schedule
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride
PROM June 4
*Only Seniors and Juniors may purchase tickets
*Underclassmen may attend, but tickets must be purchased by an upperclassman