The Lion's Den - Oct. 11th - 15th
Lemira Elementary: Parent and Community Updates
Weekly Updates 10/11 - 10/15
Greetings Lemira Family:
October is in full gear, and we are continuing to ROAR with Lion Pride.
Special thanks to Continental Tires for your generous donation to Lemira.
Special thanks to Union Station AME Church for your generous donation to Lemira.
1. Pink Out Day: Students and staff are invited to wear the color "Pink" as we join in the fight to find a cure for cancer. Our Lemira Lions will wear "Pink" to put our stamp on "Cancer". This will occur Friday, October 15th. Students may wear pink shirts with their uniform pants.
2. Impact Aid Survey Forms: Forms will go home October 12th. Each parent/guardian is asked to complete the form and return by 10/15. Signed forms may be returned through students' blue communication folder.
A> National Metric Week and National Lunch Week:
Family Math Night Challenge will begin Monday, October 11th – Friday, October 15th. Each Night, students and families will have the opportunity to engage in a math challenge to celebrate our National Metric Week. A matrix is listed below, which lays out the nightly challenge.
B> National Lunch Week is also October 11 – October 15th. We have also included on the matrix board our lunch challenge.
Please take a picture of one or both challenges and post to our Jamboard Link. We will post and share to our Facebook and School page.
4. Make-Up Pictures: Students received their paid pictures from our first photo shoot. There will be make-ups on Wednesday, Oct. 13th for any student who did not participate in the first photo shoot.
5. COGAT Testing: 2nd grade students will participate in COGAT testing beginning 10/12 - 10/20. Details were placed in the 2nd grade team newsletter for the month of October. Details can also be found in your learner's Schoology Course Announcement page.
6. Common Assessments: Our 3rd - 5th grade students will take their quarterly common assessments this week. This assessment will be based on standards covered so far this quarter in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Math. Students are encouraged to do their best so teachers and staff are able to provide enrichment on skills that are in need of further development.
7. Attendance Initiative: Please join us in our attendance initiative. Our attendance theme this year is, "Be an Attendance H.E.R.O = Here, Everyday, Ready to learn, On Time
We will be recognizing our Attendance H.E.R.Oes at the end of this first quarter. We will also be sending home a special postcard to our Attendance Heroes 'parents, as well. We appreciate your efforts in ensuring our students are Here, Everyday, Ready to Learn, and On Time!
Important Calendar Dates
10/11 - 10/15 1st Quarter Benchmark Assessment for Reading, Math, and Writing
(Grades 3rd - 5th Only)
10/15 - Relay For Life - "Pink Out Day"
10/11 - 10/15 National Lunch and National Metric Week
10/11 - 10/15 Family Night Math Challenge
10/11 COGNIA Testing for 2nd Graders
10/12 - WOW about Lunch National Lunch Celebration
10/13 Make-Up Pictures
10/21 District PD (1/2 Day for Students)
10/22 Workday/In-Service Day (No School for students)
10/25 - 10/29 Red Ribbon Spirit Week
10/28 Book Character Parade (AM - During School Day)
Students will dress in costume as their favorite book characters
10/28 PTO Sponsored Fall Festival 4pm - 6pm
10/28 Report Cards
11/5 Career Day 9am - 11am
Thanks for all you do to support the initiatives at Lemira Elementary School.
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg, Ed.S
Proud Principal of Lemira Elementary School
Students in Action - Ms. Hickmon's Class
Virtual Fall Title One Parent University - October 4, 2021
Ms. Hanenkrath's Class, along with Ms. Curlovic's, tied and won the Pizza Party for having the most parent participants at our Parent University Event!