Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 22
Irvin now has Instagram! Follow us on jrirvin_elem
First Grade Jams!
P is for Pirate
Dave and Shelly Burgess wrote a book which is the Inspirational ABC's for Educators. Every week I will include a snippet from the book.
V is for Velcro
Mnemonics and scaffolds and hooks, oh my!
Great teachers possess treasure chests stocked with strategies and ideas to make sure learning sticks. Students need to engage with content in meaningful ways, so put handles on your material to make it easy for them to pick up!
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
EdCamp at SAGU
- 2/23 5th Grade Math Simulation
- 2/24 4th Grade Writing Simulation
- 2/24 LEARNING LAB CLOSED 8-12
- 2/24 5th Grade Reading Simulation
- 2/25 3rd Grade Math CBA#3
- 2/25 TELPAS Student Practice Day (Erin will pull students in the morning)
- 2/26 Progress Reports Go Home
- 3/1 Vertical Teams (Math/ELAR) 3:15pm
- 3/3 2nd Grade Math CBA#3
- 3/6 Edcamp at SAGU (if you'd like to go:)
- 3/8 TELPAS Testing
- 3/8 STAAR Training 3:15pm (all teachers)
- 3/9 TELAPS Makeup Day
- 3/9 Hungry Hump Luncheon
- 3/10 Bluebonnet Bowl
February Teacher Birthdays
February 4th - Terry Moore
February 19th - Lauren Williams
February 28th - Adriane Wuerch
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.