Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
Message from the Principal - Dec. 17, 2018
Since this is a short week and we have a lot going on, I thought I would send the Smore Newsletter early this week! Here are a few of the important items:
- Christmas Program rehearsals will be held for the students Monday - Wednesday afternoons from 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
- Christmas Program on Wednesday at 6:30 PM. See below for more info.
- Tamales and Atole will be sold in the auditorium/kitchen before the show (beginning at 6 pm). Bring your money and enjoy some tasty treats!! Tamales are $2 each or $20 for a dozen.
- Individual classes will be having parties on Wednesday or Thursday this week. Check your class Smore for more info.
- We will NOT be sending home Communication Envelopes this week.
- On Thursday, we will have PAJAMA DAY for all students (and staff).
- Thursday is a noon dismissal (12 pm) and there is NO afternoon Extended Care. All students MUST be picked up by 12:15 pm.
- School is out for Christmas Vacation from Friday, Dec. 21st - Sunday, Jan. 6th. We return at the regular time on Monday, January, 7th!
All of the staff at Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy wants to take a moment to wish all of our families a wonderful and safe Christmas Vacation and a blessed New Year. We hope you are able to spend some time with family and friends, reflecting on this beautiful season and the most amazing gift ever given to us: Jesus. See you soon!
Christmas Program Reminders
Christmas Program Details!!
Here is a quick overview of the Christmas "Costumes". We have tried to keep things simple and inexpensive. If you have questions or need more detail thank this quick glimpse, please check in with your child's teacher(s).
Event: Christmas Program
Date/Time: Wednesday, Dec. 19th from 6:30 pm - 8 pm
What are the classes wearing?
- Pre-K 3 - Santa Theme (Gingerbread people, Santa, Christmas PJs, etc.)
- Pre-K 4A - Girls in red sweater/tutu/Christmas leggings, Boys in red sweater/black pants/Santa hat
- Pre-K 4B - Santa Theme (Gingerbread people, Santa, Christmas PJs, etc.)
- Kindergarten - Stars (sandwich boards) and Mary and Jesus
- 1A - Shepherds
- 1B - Sheep
- 2 - Winter Wear (scarves, mittens, etc.)
- 3 - Angels (HR has angel costumes)
- 4 - Button down flannel shirts, jeans, and Santa hat
- 5/6 - Dressy Winter Wear (Boys in slacks and button shirt or suit and girls in dresses) with winter scarves
- 7/8 - Winter wear for boys and girls (Christmas sweaters, slacks, and Santa hats)
Teachers will have more information about special arrival times, but most groups will plan to be at school by no later than 6 pm.
Hot Deals on School Sweaters!
From the Development Desk:
Many thanks to all of the families and donors that have supported our Annual Fund Appeal. We have raised $65,000 with a goal of $100,000. This is the last week for families to get their Annual Fund donation in. A fee of $50 will be billed to any family who does not make a donation by January 1, 2019.
You can easily make a donation online at: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew or you can fill out the pledge envelope and return to the office. Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, we want to thank the families/staff who have already sent in their pledges/payments:
Matt & Janelle Costanti
Josh & Patrea Fernandez
Justin & Rebecca Inouye
Patrick & Sarah Johnson
Casey & Sarah McKinney
Michael & Julie Milasich
Jesse & Amanda Schweickert
Richard & Cheri Brandt
Jesus & Gloria Gomez
Jared & Christina Matheson
Efrain & Patty Montes
William & Jennifer Pickles
Foanuu Setefano & Tiffiny Yi
Jeff Smith & Bridget Yaden
Daryl & Raquel Lambrecht
Travis & Jennifer Perkins
Robert Tran & Ngoc Anh Nguyen
Rodney Wilson & Johanne Pozas
Ken Clifton & Heather Young
Hugo Bernal & Nina Tatum
Dave Boynton & Melissa Kennedy
Daniel & Bridget Proctor
Jose Covarrubias & Lizbeth Duran
DC & Analy Grant
Shane & Valerie Pettit
Tracy & Mary Schaff
Christian & Nichole Gerling
Craig Smith & Meg Lee
Morgan & Lisa Blackmore
Sabel Del Cid & Susan Gonzalez
Timur Kuzu & Christina Lorella-Kuzu
Tyrone Moss & Carmetrus Parker
Ivan Alaniz & Anita Millan
Wayne & Lisa Brannon
Aaron & Andrea Bryan
Alejandro Covarrubias & Denice Arguello
Epitacio Garibay & Erika Ruelas
Emmanuel & Kylie Munoz
Tomas & Theresa Ramos
Tyler & Bethany Renner
Edgar Villegas & Alma Millan
Steve & Rhonda Kristoff
Update on the Church
Thursday, Dec. 13th, Deacon Jim met with a number of people at the Seattle Archdiocese to discuss the safety study on the church. Based on the current information, it was determined that additional information was needed and that there would be a further "deep dive" on the situation. At this point, there has been a unanimous decision to prevent anyone from entering the church until further notice. Therefore, this week, Hilger Construction will be erecting a chain link fence around the entire perimeter of the church. This will not impact the exit for the school. We should have more information in the next couple of months. So, until further notice, all masses (school and weekend/Holy Day) will be held in the school auditorium. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Deacon Jim Fish. Thank you!