8th Grade & Beyond
Relevant Info. to Prepare Your 8th Grader for the Future....
1 Quarter Down and 3 More to Go!
Greetings from Mrs. Dunton-Forbes
Ready or Not, High School Registration is Soon to Come!
Charlotte Engineering Early College Open Houses
NOVEMBER 20, 2014 10:00-11:30 AM
DECEMBER 5, 2014 10:00-11:30 AM
DECEMBER 12, 2014 10:00-11:30 AM
DECEMBER 17, 2014 2:00-3:30 PM
JANUARY 6, 2015 10:00-11:30 AM
JANUARY 8, 2015 2:00-3:30 PM
Here is a link on how to RSVP if you want to come!
Hawthorne Academy of Health Sciences
-The program is dedicated to allied health and health sciences.
-Students must apply in 8th grade via the lottery.
- 2.5 GPA and passing score in EOGs.
- Serve as a baseline measure of academic progress toward college and career readiness.
- Help 8th grade students build high school course plans.
- Assess academic progress, areas that need extra help, suggestions for improving skills, and careers that match the students interests.
- Provide early indicators of whether students are on track for college, with time to intervene and focus on areas of need.
Please take a moment to review your child's assessment results. If you have questions about the results, please contact Mrs. Dunton-Forbes (8th grade Counselor) or Ms. Mayo (Testing Coordinator).