Fourth Grade PEAK
Hour of Code in support of Computer Science Week.
1. Power of One Projects: We still have a few outstanding Power of One Projects. Please have your child email the plan to me. It should follow the format handed to them in class. If you need another worksheet - please let me know.
- Topic Study: We made a bit of an overhaul in Topic Study. Students are conferencing with me individually to select projects based on Bloom's Level of Thinking. We are discussing Bloom's thinking and selecting projects that will help us answer our essential questions. The topic study menu will no longer drive our learning. Students will determine what level of thinking the project represents and then write their own scoring guide (with guidance). Our theme: Freedom = Choice = Responsibility.
- Science: We finished our paper towel write ups, covers for our portfolios, and science reflections on what we learned this year. Students who did not finish will have a little bit more class time on their next PEAK session but after that it will be homework.
- Students are learning how to shoot video and edit it through Imovie. Students are examining a variety of video - shooting techniques!
- Today students participated in an online quiz to test our knowledge of scientific vocabulary. The kids like it so much that some want to use this format for a topic study project for their independent research topic.
- Students learned to cite sources through Easy Bib - what an awesome research tool!
- Students are actively using their Chrome books
- We have organized our Google Drives
- Practiced sharing and saving documents
- Bookmarked important websites
- Actively working in Google Classroom
- Set up a PEAK Powtoons account - we should have fun with this!
- We introduced Edmodo another online learning tool!
Classroom Book Source:
- Students learned how to check out books electronically from my classroom library.
- There is a link on my student resource page for students to "Tweet" about the day. I will post 5 tweets a week on my classroom board - some may even make it to real twitter. Tweets should be relevant to our learning day.
- Please follow me on twitter - you never know when a tweet will post about your child's PEAK day!
Create a Graph:
- Applied our knowledge on how to make graphs online.
- Online note taking application used during Topic Study.