Individual Crisis Management Plan
Who- All students
Name: Last Name (space) First Initial (space) ICMP (space) school year
How To/Helpful Hints-
· New students will need one completed when they arrive.
· The information can be found on the intake, which will be provided by the records department or designated teacher.
· Client ID can be found in the ODIS system
· Coping skills must include ones checked on intake form and can include teacher added ones.
· Safety Concerns
o What concerns are there for the student?
§ Medication, aggressions, influenced, etc
· Current Issues/Potential Triggers
o What can increase the behaviors?
§ Talking about family, individuals not following directions, being redirected, etc
· Behaviors of Concern
o What behaviors are behaviors that can affect others or themselves
§ Biting, self-harming, aggression ,etc
· Review of contraindications
o What applies to the student?
§ If it applies select yes and explain
§ If it does not apply select no
o What happens behavior the student begins the crisis stage? What does it look like and what is the best way to respond
o What are warning signs that the student is being triggered? What does it look like and how should staff respond
o What does it look like when the student begins to escalate? What can staff do to support the student?
o What happens during the outburst? What does it lok like and what can staff do to support the student?
o Outburst should include a line that states “If client becomes a danger to themselves or others, implement restraint per DCI” if this is applicable to the student.
· Recovery section should include a statement that states “staff should attempt to complete a Life Space Interview” it should also include what helps the student return to baseline
o If selected previously then STSM measures need to be completed.
o In this section what should be done during this time should be filled in under STSM Measures
§ EX- client has a medical concern due to medication- Measures is client should be monitored closely due to taking psychotropic medication
o Sign under primary Clinician
o If this is a review and not a new ICMP then select a date at the end.
o Turn in completed ICMP to the Principal