OAS PTA NEWSLETTER
Sunday, January 8, 2023
REMINDER: If you purchased 8th grade spirit wear items, please pick them up at CHQ!
URGENT NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS!
We have a number of exciting events planned in 2023 for our OAS students & staff. In order to make these events successful we need YOUR help as our event chairs! If interested, please reach out to Liz Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jessica Kelly (email@example.com)
- Winter Staff Breakfast (Tuesday, February 14th): Co-chairs will organize a catered breakfast for OAS staff with the help of parent volunteers.
- Elementary STEAM Night: Grades 3-5 (Wednesday, April 26th): Co-chairs will organize a night of STEAM projects for our Elementary students & their parents. This event takes place at OAS in the evening
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 1-5th): Co-chairs will organize daily events to show OAS teacher our appreciation
- Staff Appreciation Lunch (Tuesday, May 2nd)- NEED ONE MORE VOLUNTEER: Co-chairs will organize a catered staff lunch with the help of parent volunteers
Elementary Rockin' Library Recess Starts January 10th!
The arrival of more traditional winter weather means that students will not have the opportunity to have outdoor recess. OAS & the PTA are offering elementary students the option of utilizing the library for reading and/or quiet activities during their regularly scheduled recess.
Library Recess will take place on Tuesdays. When considering this option, please remember:
* Lunch still takes place in the cafeteria
* Students will be escorted as a group from the cafeteria to the library for their 1⁄2 hour recess
* Students are invited to bring their own activities during Library Recess. 'No Electronics Allowed'
* This program will run for 6 weeks - the week of January 10th until the week of February 14th
* Students who sign-up commit to the 6-week program.
Please note that Library Recess will be offered on days contingent on OAS and parent volunteer availability.
Please fill out the form by January 6th.
If you have any questions, please email Jesal Gala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELEMENTARY GAME NIGHT
YOUR PTA DOLLARS AT WORK!
SAVE THE DATE: CLUB CRANFORD IS FRIDAY, MARCH 24th!
Club Cranford, The Sequel is finally here!!
Friday, March 24, 2023
7:00pm - 11:00pm
Featuring music by Enjoy! and DJ Randy Geis
Registration has opened and it’s time to get your tickets. We have a limited amount of tables of 10 available - get them before they are sold out!
Admission - $25/pp
Tables of 10 can be purchased for $250
**Admission must be purchased in advance**
Please fill out the google form to reserve your spot and payment information can be found on there
January Cranford Parent Academy: Wednesday, Jan. 11th 2023 at 7-8:30pm
Grief Informed Schools
Thanks to a generous donation from the Cranford Jaycees, we are able to provide this important program for our students. Students in Grade 6 will all receive the training and students in Grade 7 may apply to be an ambassador. Please join us for this informative evening.
Parents who attend this will be able to: 1. Define loss, grief, and mourning 2. Understand how grief impacts development, learning, and behavior 3. Identify ways that children and teens experience grief differently than adults 4. Learn how to support your grieving child when they go through any type of loss 5. Hear about the program, Grief Informed Schools provided to our 6th-grade students.
Presenter: Veronica Ortiz, from Imagine the Center for Coping with Loss is a dedicated bilingual (Spanish/English) LPC with 10+ years of mental health experience working with children, adolescents, and families in schools and community settings. She is a team player with the drive to help empower communities and is recognized for being a passionate advocate for historically excluded populations. Veronica is currently the Training and Education Director at Imagine, A Center for Coping with Loss, and delivers educational workshops and training on grief and loss.