St. John The Apostle
Join the Jesus Squad
Facts About St. John The Apostle
- St. John is the patron of Asia Minor
- He is called the apostle of charity
- John is the son of Zebedee
- His feast day is December 27th
- He did around approximately 100 A.D. and is believed to be the last surviving apostle.
- He is usually depicted as an eagle
- He wrote the fourth gospel, 3 epistles, and the book of Revelation is also attributed to him
- St. John was sentenced to a boiling cauldron of oil, but emerged from the cauldron unharmed
About St. John's Gospel
- There are 2 endings to the gospel of John, the most common of the 2 is when Thomas doesn't believe he saw Jesus, until he touches the wounds of Jesus
- John's gospel preached the imminence of God's final judgement
- In the gospel of John, Christ refers to the father over 100 times
- John's gospel is different due it's unique perspective of Jesus
Frequently Asked Questions
- Was St.John Married? No, he was never married.
- Did St. John have any kids? No, St. John never had any children.
- Did He Have Any Siblings? Yes! St. John had one brother named James, who was also an apostle.