We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
May 20th, 2016
- This week we celebrated our May birthdays. Happy birthday, Madison and Logan!
- We saw a show hosted by the Bronx Zoo. We learned all about the rain forest and how WE can help protect the animals that live there. We had SO much fun!
- We participated in a special art class with an AP art student from OHS named Amanda. She taught us all about art therapy and we composed some great works of art!
- We were super scientists this week. We began learning about the life cycle of a butterfly and observed caterpillars in their chrysalises. We also learned about the life cycle of a chicken and observed chick eggs that are almost ready to hatch. We are excited to watch and learn throughout the next few weeks as both the butterflies and chicks continue through their life cycles.
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: yellow, blue, and green. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: mechanic, pilot, rescue, sailor, shimmering, and yacht.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Xx.
- In math, we began analyzing, comparing, and composing shapes.
- In science we continued our plant unit. We planted our own seeds and we are excited to record our observations as our plants grow. We also learned about lima beans and we are recording our observations as they grow, too!
Books we've read...
- Mayday! Mayday! A Coast Guard Rescue by Chris L. Demarest
- Spoon by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
STAR OF THE WEEK
Caylee was our star student this week. We learned that Caylee loves to play with her sister, cousins, and friends. She also loves to dance and play with Barbies. Great job, Caylee!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- As the weather gets warmer, please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!